Chapter Eight

Chloe's POV

"Where are we going actually?" "To a place that you will love. Trust me." I have no idea where is he taking me. "There will be lots of good food and you'll beg for more... Unless you're on a diet." Hahahahaha! Me? Chloe Bennet, on a diet? Never! I love food so much and I won't let an obsession of being skinny ruins my love for food. "Just for your information Mr. Dalton, I will never ever on a diet. I love food too much." I can see that he is smiling and that smile is not a mocking smile. Looks like a salute smile. "Good to know that... I never really like a girl who forces herself to be skinny." Wait, what's that even mean? "Umm Mr. Dalton..." "We're not at school, just call me Brett." "Okay... So umm Brett, have you ever been in a relationship?" "What do you mean?" "Well, you know... Sharing feelings with someone special." And then, awkward silence surrounding us. At least I think it is awkward. "I was in a serious relationship before I moved to California. I was a high school bad boy, I guess I was the king of it. But after graduated, I got engaged to this girl. We loved each other but because of my foolish act, she left me and now, she is happily married to a guy and expecting a child. I promised myself that I won't go back to New York until I find someone who will be my life partner and can make me finally forget all about my mistakes." I have no words to say... I really have no idea what to say... "I'm so sorry..." "Don't be. I'm just telling a part of my life." "Then why you decided to become a teacher?" "I was actually a hit musician at New York. And yeah, after she left me, I ruined everything. When I finally feel the fresh air of California, I thought that maybe I can share my music in a different way. That's why I want to be a substitute teacher." "Very interesting story..." "Ohh look, we're here." I look at this vintage-looking restaurant. It has a very nice setting and lots of flowers. "Let's go inside." We both go inside and the restaurant is not very crowded. You can see that there are only few people eating at this restaurant right now. We sit at a desk near the window with a very nice view of this restaurant's garden. Then, the waitress come with two menus. She put it in front of us. "Good evening, may I take your orders?" "I'll take the mac 'n cheese with bacon." "Okay sir. What about you, miss?" "Umm I'll take the same." "Okay, and for the drinks?" "Lemon tea please. What about you, Chloe?" "An orange juice will do." "Okay so I'm gonna repeat your orders. Two mac 'n cheese with bacon, one lemon tea, and one orange juice. Anything else you want to add?" We both shook our head. "Okay, so your orders will be ready in 30 minutes." With that, she leaves us and we wait for the food. "So, how did you know my parents?" I ask him. He look at me and smile. "I was jogging and then I bumped into someone. I said sorry and he said it's okay. I introduced myself and turns out, he was my neighbour and we talked a lot after that." Such a small world... "Maybe because they think I'm a good man, they trust me to look after you. I don't mind at all, to look after a beautiful yet hot girl like you." I look at him with a shock on my face. "What? You are hot... Those kisses and our make out session..." "Don't discuss it. You're the one who make me do that!" "That's because you can't resist me." "Ha, in your dreams." He laugh hard. "We'll see, who will say I Love You first." What! "Ohh no no, there is no way I say I Love You to my teacher!" "Anything could happen, sooner or later baby." He wink at me. Sheez... This guy is too full of himself.

---

I guess this update is short and boring but for the next chapter, they will still be in their little "date".

I'm making another book and this time (finally!), I make a sheo fanfiction hahaha. I'll tell the details soon but for now, enjoy this book. If you would like too, check my first wattpad story, Falling: A Dylan O'Brien Fanfiction.

I included Boyce Avenue's A Thousand Miles cover feat. Alex Goot because yeah... only because I want to include it hahahaha

Thank you so much for reading. Feel free to comment and vote! Hasta la vista