Chapter Eighteen

Chloe's POV

"Mom! I'm going to school now!" I give a kiss on my mom's cheek while taking my car key. Somehow I want to ride my car today. "Okay sweetie. Be careful on your way!" I put my sneakers on and walk to the door. "Chloe!" I look back and Jo is looking very good. He's wearing this white polo shirt, a black jacket where he rolls off the sleeves, and a pair of dark jeans. "Hey, morning Jo. You look good, where are you going?" "I really have no idea. I don't really know this neighborhood. I was actually thinking that I can come with you." "But I'm going to school..." "That's okay, I'm just going to walk around. It's okay right?" Roosevelt doesn't have a rule where strangers cannot walk around the school. Besides, there's a canteen open for public. "Yeah, it's okay. If you ever get bored, just call the cab and go home." "Naaah, I think I'm good. I want to explore more." "Okay then. Let's go." I give him the key to my car and we both off to school. I look at Jo whose looking straight to the street. "So..." I turn my face once again when he speaks. "Am I going to see Brett at your school?" I open my eyes widely and facepalming myself. I forgot! Brett is my teacher and Jo doesn't know it! "Ummm why did you ask about Brett?" "Well, he seems very nice and I like hanging out with him. Besides, I only know you from this town." This is so awkward... What will happen if Jo finds out that Brett is my teacher? What will be his reaction? Or maybe should I just tell him before he finds out? "Umm Chloe? Is something wrong?" "Jo, Brett is my teacher."

Jo's POV

I look at her in disbelief. "What?" "Brett is teacher." I'm still in shock but somehow I still can manage to drive the car. "But he said..." "Yes I know, but technically, he's only a substitute teacher until I graduate." "Doesn't change the fact that he is your teacher for now..." I try to keep my voice calm. I know what kind of feeling this is. "I know, I know. I can't even believe myself that I'm close with him." "Close?" Great, jealousy is controlling me now. "Okay, maybe more than close. We kissed and did a make out session but it was only one time!" I still cannot believe the fact that they're more than just close. They even make out! I take a deep breathe and calm myself. "You cannot choose who you love so I'm going to support you..." I can feel she's looking at me. "I don't love him but thank you..." I feel like I just ripped my heart into pieces.

Chloe's POV

Jo parks the car and we both get out from my car. I sling my bag to my shoulder and I can already hear someone's screaming my name. "Chloe Bennet, you are the worst best friend ever! Why you didn't tell us that you're going to bring your car?!" Lizzie and mad are not a good mix. I look at Jo and his face is a mix of confused and scared. "Guys..." "You know you can text or call to tell us!" "Guys..." "If you told us earlier, we wouldn't ride the school bus! That bus is nasty!" "Guys..." "Yeah! We don't have to sit with bunch of people who love to gross other people out!" "GUYS!" I finally yell and they both stop talking. "I don't drive my car this time. I have a friend who wants to go to school today. Guys, meet Jo." They both look at Jo and Jo is smiling awkwardly. "Hi, I'm Jo." He hands his hand to Lizzie and Iain. "Lizzie." "Iain." There goes another awkward moment... "Okay... So, I'm just going to show Jo the school... See you at class!" I grab Jo's hand and we walk away. Lizzie and Iain are still speechless.

---

I FINALLY OPEN MY WATTPAD! OH MY GOD THAT FEELS GOOD!

school just started and it sucks. no more free time.

So anywaaaay, I include a collage where I blur the faces. Yes, they're will be the new characters that will appear in the future.

Just guess who they are and what their character will be hehe.

Thank you so much for reading! Feel free to comment and vote! Laters babes!