A Close Call

Third POV

Bellamy woke up and the first thing that he felt was the cold metal of the cage. His eyes were wide as he felt his hart beat faster and faster. The small cage was big enough for him to just only sit up. Gripping the metal bars he started to violently shake them hoping they would open.

"Shof op! Emo taik yuj kru." Some one hissed, looking to his right he saw a girl she was huddled up against a corner with a scared look on her face.

What do these people do to the grounders? He asked himself.

"What?" He whispered back." I cant understand you."

Her scared expression turned to a scowl, hissing she spit at Bellamy and murmured quietly under her breath. Clueless, Bellamy looked around trying to look for something to help him get out of the cage, until he heard the familiar creak of a door opening. He listened as two loud voices became closer and closer, until he saw two men. They both wore similar clothes and he could only make out the name 'Lovejoy' on the golden plate on one of the men. They stopped infront of the girl from before, angry, Bellamy started to shake the bars once again.

"Hey, look at this one," The other man said, amusedly looking at Bellamy like he was an animal." Take him."

They turned from the girl and turned to him, he saw as they held out two stun sticks. Pain overflowed his body as they made contact with his skin, he saw the smiling face of the second man right next to Lovejoy. He knew that these people weren't human, they were far from it.

*****

Bellamy's brown eyes opened and once again he found himself in an uncomfortable situation. He was hanging upside down looking at a girl with furrowed eyebrows.

"Are you from the Ark? Do you know Jas-" She was cut off by another voice. A way too familiar voice for Bellamy.

"What are you doing, Maya?" Lovejoy asked, closing his eyes Bellamy faked to be asleep.

"I just wanted to know what was so special about him, but he's dead." Maya had already disconnected Bellamy from the machine, she now only had to help him down.

As Lovejoy moved to the heart monitor, quickly Bellamy gets down and kicks Lovejoy but before he could land a second hit, a gun was raised and pointed to his chest. Maya, without thinking twice, grabs a scalpel and stabs the man on the neck. Taking this opportunity Bellamy lounges and starts punching and kicking the guard, grabbing the gun, Maya, points ready to shoot at the man when Bellamy warns her.

"Don't shoot! Everyone's going to hear it." He said between grunts and punches.

Lovejoy starts to get the upper hand on Bellamy and right on cue, the grounder girl grabs the man's hand from stabbing Bellamy with the scalpel. Quickly, both if his hands are on the man's neck, as his other hands tries to stop Bellamy. Slowly the man stopped breathing and until Bellamy felt the limp body of the man he didn't stop the pressure on his choke hold.

Letting go, Lovejoy's body fell to the floor as Maya watched horrified." Are you okay?" Bellamy asked.

Maya nodded and looked away from the scene before her." Put on his clothes I need to get you out of here." She ordered.

*****

Bellamy was now dressed like one of the mountain men's guards, grabbing Lovejoy's body he threw it down the reaper hole and cringed at the smell of it.

"Take the name tag off." Maya said and ripped the small metal thing off Bellamy's jacket.

"Why?" Asked Bellamy.

"Because here, everyone knows everyone." She said as she put a hat on Bellamy's head, covering his face." We need to get to the elevator," Heading for the door she explained what was going to happen.

"We'll avoid as many cameras as we can." They walked trough a hallway as Maya was being careful not to bump into another guard.

"There's one," Maya said as she peeked through a corner." And another one deeper into the hallway."

"Let's look for another way to get there." Bellamy commented as he pulled his hat down.

"Follow me and act normal." She said.

Standing side by side they continued down the hallway and found the elevator. Getting in, two other men followed them inside, thinking the worst Maya and Bellamy stayed as quiet an unnoticed as possible.

"Is that blood on your neck?" Bellamy looked up to meet the eyes of a man with a tux on.

"He's contaminated!" Maya reacted as fast as she could and opened the doors of the elevator." Get off! I need to find the leak." She said to the two men and pushed them outside.

"But-" The man protested.

"Let me do my job!" Maya said.

The doors of the elevator closed and Bellamy let out a sigh of relief.

"That was close."