Virus: Part I

Bellamy's POV

Astina sat him down against a wall, the boy kept trembling as blood started to flow out of his mouth and ears.

"What's you name?" Astina asked the boy.

"Derek." He said weakly.

"Okay," She said and gave him a price of cloth she found on a table." Your going to clean yourself and I'll be right back." She turned to me." Clarke,
where is she?" She asked.

"I'll go get her." I exited the drop ship and ran towards Clarke's tent.

Seeing that she wasn't there I turned around, and almost bumped into someone." What's wrong?" She asked.

"We need your help, something's very wrong here." I said to Clarke and started walking towards the ship.

Clarke's POV

I followed Bellamy inside the drop ship, once I saw the boy seating against the wall with a bloodstained cloth, I rushed towards him." What happened?" I asked.

"I don't know... I was guarding Murphy, when I suddenly felt dizzy... Then this happened." Every word he said seemed like a struggle to him.

"Don't worry-." Someone grabbed my hand when I was about to grab his shoulder to console him.

"Don't touch him." It said, I looked to my right and saw no other than Astina.

"Why?" I asked rather harshly as she let my hand go.

"I've seen this before, its like... A virus... Very contagious. I recommend you don't touch him or anyone who might of had contact with him." She said and gave him a wet towel.

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"It's used to weaken. They use it very often against their enemies." She said. "But there is no cure."

By 'they', I'm guessing she means the grounders. And if there is no cure then we have a big problem.

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Bellamy asked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Wait, is your only option." Standing up she backed away from the boy." If the virus has no one to spread it will eventually die off."

She then leaned in towards Bellamy's ear and whispered something. I watched as he lowered his eyes to the ground.

What did she tell him?

Turning around, Astina, walked towards Murphy and started a conversation with him. I looked up to Bellamy and he looked back at me, I could tell that whatever she told him, it wasn't good.

Astina's POV

"Usually, the first people to get infected don't survive."

"How did you escape?" I asked the beaten up Murphy in front of me.

"They for got to lock my cage and I just made a run for it." He admitted.

"What's wrong with Derek?" Someone said from beside me as I heard footsteps approaching the sick boy.

I looked up to see Octavia, Bellamy grabed her arm stopping her on getting any closer.

"It's biological warfare." Clarke said.

"They provably somehow injected it on Murphy, they knew he would go back here for help." I announced.

"What?" Murphy said like I was talking gibberish.

I heard Bellamy's angry footsteps approaching me, standing up I moved back a bit." Wait Bellamy, I didint know." Murphy defended.

"Yeah-." He started with an angry voice.

"Leave it. Well take care of ourselves and we'll be careful of what we do." She said and exited outside the ship.

Octavia's POV

I exited Lincoln's house and followed the trail of white flowers he left me to find him. I ran trough the woods as quiet as I could be, I need to get to camp as soon as possible. And hour ago, Clarke bumped into me when she exited the drop ship. She told me about that sickness that is speeding everywhere, she called it biological warfare. She asked me to sneak out, which I gladly did, and talk to Lincoln to see if he knew any way to cure the virus. He told me that there was no cure but what he told me next was even more alarming than that, the grounders were attacking at dawn.

"Bellamy!" I shouted as I could see his figure from afar.

He turned around and jogged towards me." Octavia, where were you?" He asked.

"I was with Lincoln." I said.

He opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it." No time to explain. Clarke sent me there to find the cure for the sickness, but Lincoln told me that not only there is no cure but the grounders are attacking at dawn." I explained.

"We should get ready then." Someone said from my left.

Astina got closer to us and crossed her arms over her chest, she was taller than me, which made me feel like a kid talking to her parents." We can't fight them. Like you said, their troupes have many warriors and they have the advantage of knowing these forests." Bellamy pointed out.

"I know there forests too, I can also get you information no one else in this camp can. If what Lincoln told you is true, then you have the advantage of getting ready to fight them." She said." If this is tour home, protect it."

She walked away from us and into the drop ship, knowing my brother he'll probably stay here and fight the grounders, but he won't be stupid about it. We have guns, which gives us a big advantage, but if anything goes wrong we need to have a plan 'B'. The thing is, if Lincoln's information wasn't accurate or if the grounders decide to change their plans, we need to be ready for that.

Bellamy walked away.

What do we do?

Clarke's POV

"Anything?" I asked Raven as she played around with a few wires of the radio.

"No. With unity day and all of that, the interference with the Ark is bigger, but I'll find a way to get back the communications." She looked up at me, and her eves slightly widened.

"You're bleeding." She said.

Just then I felt something warm slowly prickle down my eye, to my cheek. My hand went up to brush it away, looking at my fingers my eyes widened just like Raven's, it was blood.

"Don't get close to me." I said softly, and ran outside the tent.

Teens stared at me as I ran across the camp, with my sleeve I constantly dried off the blood from my face. When I started to get dizzy I slowed down my pace to a until I made it to the drop ship, in there I was surprised to see Astina walking towards a boy until she saw me. She went to grab me, but I stopped her and slapped her hand away.

"Don't touch me. If you're truly going to help us, we need you to be alive." I said standing up and sitting against a wall, exhaling deeply.

She grabbed a damp cloth a gave it to me, I nodded on thanks as she walked away to help other kids. There were currently nine people in here, including the two boys that draged Murphy inside, both of them bleeding from their eyes and puking up blood.
They also said that Octavia helped them, but she doesn't show symptoms nor she bleeds out of her eyes.

Maybe some are able to repel the virus, but it looks like there is going to be very few of them.

My eyes looked up once I heard gargling, Derek, the first boy who got infected was lying right side up. He was chocking on his blood, I went to stand up and help him, but Astina got there first and pushed him until he was lying on his side. Some blood got out but he keept on makeing sounds like he was drowning. At one point he started seizing, unable to control his body he keept on trashing around. Astina backed away from the boy, knowing that she couldn't do anything else. I heard people murmuring and some shouting 'Do something!' But everything went silent when the boy stopped moving. He didn't pant, puke up the rest of the blood or make any sounds.

This wasn't the first time I saw someone die, as well as everyone who watched what just happened, but we all praying one thing:

For this death to be the last.