No More

Bellamy's POV

And I continued to lean in...

Our lips were now millimetres apart, my head was slightly tilted to the right so our noses wouldn't crash. And then her soft lips brushed against mine, I could feel she was tense and her body was completely still. I slowly pulled away from her and opened my eyes. Her eyes were just opening, as she looked at me with worry.

"We can't tell anyone about this." She softly whispered.

"Why?" I asked, slightly disappointed.

"Because I don't know how people would react. There is nothing going to happen between us, you know that right?" Her worried eyes said it all, she didn't want anything to happen.

"You can't just kiss someone and then tell them you don't want a relationship. That's... That's just cruel." She looked down and walked further away from me.

"I do want one. But I know, it won't work, there are too many differences between my background and yours. Who knows what would happen if they found out about us?" I shook my head in disapproval.

Turning around I started to walk away, just like she did to me many times before. I sighted in frustration, I avoided the grounder village as I made my way to the camp. It was stupid what I did back there, kissing her.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I arrived at the camp as I rose up my hands, making sure the guards wouldn't shoot me." Open the gates! It's Bellamy!" I heard a faint shout from a man say.

The fences opened and I stomped inside." Where were you? And Astina?" Clarke asked walking beside me.

"She's probably not coming back." I said as I continued to walk.

"What? Why?" She said and I turned around to face her.

"Go and ask her." I said angrily.

"We need her Bellamy! She knows our enemy, she knows these woods, she knows how to survive here. I don't know what happened out there, but I want her back before sun set! Got it?" I was about to protest against it when Kane walked by.

"What's wrong?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Astina isn't coming back. We need her, Kane!" Clarke said glaring at me.

"Well go get her before the grounders do first." He said looking between the two of us.

"She's one of them, I'd say she can take care of herself." I walked away but was stopped, again.

"Bellamy, I may not know you much, but I know something happened. You wouldn't leave behind someone who can help us, so get over yourself and go get her. Who knows what those people might do to her if they get to her first?"

I turned around and walked past Kane and Clarke." Miller!" He looked at me up from where he was." Come with me." I said as he swung his gun to his back and jogged towards me.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"For a walk." I simply said as we exited the camp.

*****

It's been hours, and we still haven't seen Astina or any signs of her. I'm starting to get worried.

"Are you sure she isn't at camp yet?" He asked as he looked around, pointing his gun wherever his eyes went.

"I don't know." I said.

Now angry I stopped and looked around. I was in the middle of a clearing, on the other side if it the same trees that were behind me appeared again, this is the second time we've gone through here.

Angry I started to shout." Astina! I know you can hear me! So come out now and stop playing hide 'n seek!"

Miller was now by my side, telling me to shut up." What the hell is wrong with you? What if grounders heard us? "

" I couldn't care less." I said as I continued to walk, the sun close to setting, "Bellamy?" He said from behind me but I ignored him." Bellamy?"

"What?" I harshly said.

"It's sundown, it's getting dark and I swear to god that the trees have eyes. I can barely see where I'm walking, we are just defenceless targets to however gets eyes on us." He explained as he nervously pointed the gun at everything that moved." I think we should be heading back."

"Yeah." I took one last glance at the woods as me and Miller started heading back to camp.

I could already see the faint light from one of the many campfires they lighted. Opening the gates, we were met by unwelcoming looks from about twenty grounders. Inside the camp.

"What is this? What are they doing here?" I asked as I threateningly approached one of them, who stood up like a brick wall.

"Calm down, Bellamy." Kane said sopping me by resting one of his hands on my chest." They are here to negotiate."

"Negotiate what?" I asked now facing the man.

"What to do with Finn." He answered.

"We ain't negotiating nothing with them, they're not getting Finn." I harshly said as more of the grounders started to approach us.

"That's for the Chancellor to decide." He said.

I knew what Abigail was going to do, she is just gonna send him to his death. I'm not letting that happen, Finn's been watching my back for quite a while now, he's not going to die any time soon, at least on my watch.

"They can't just take him like-" I started to argue until he stopped me.

"No we can't. But what he did is unforgivable, he killed their people, he killed innocent people who didn't have anything to do with this. We are lucky they still haven't killed us all." Whispering the last part, I looked up at all the men looking at us with hate, something that I've been seeing since we came down here.

"They almost killed Jasper, they put him for live bait, tied him to a tree and left him to die. They killed countless of my friends, my friends. So do not think for a second, that what Finn did is not humane, because these people? They were born like that. You haven't yet been here long enough to see their true nature, but when you finally see it, it's going to be too late. Just like it happened with me." I whispered back to him.

Walking away I saw my sister all beat up, mixed in with the crowd of grounders. I walked towards her, but before I could even touch her a woman got in my way.

"Bellamy, it's okay. I did this to myself, please, please, do not start an argument with these people." Glaring at the woman I looked to my sister with a black eye.

"Anything happens to her. I'll make sure to make your death slow and painful."

Taking one last glance at my sister I started to walk away, to my room.

Sitting down on my bed, I stared down at the metal floor, just like I used to do when I was young, before I didn't even dream about coming down here.

Now I know why.

✖✖✖

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-ME°^°