Skaïkru

Astina's POV

I woke up by a strange sound, it was still dark and a faint mist was hanging in the air, I could barely see the ground from the branch I was sleeping on. I narrowed my eyes to a strange figure right under me. It had a big head or it was just very fat, I think it was a pig or maybe a small bear. It calmly continued its way, I checked around if there were more. When I was sure I silently climbed down the tree.

Not far way from me, there was a fallen log where I hid my weapons, but I always keep one knife on my right foot. You can never be too safe here. I moved some leafs and a few rocks finally finding my bow and quiver. I tightly strapped them to my back so they wouldn't fall off. I looked up to the purplish sky, it's maybe five to six in the morning. I should go look for breakfast.

I ran silently and cautiously, I don't want to bring too much attention towards me, there could be another predator looking for its prey.

I scanned all my surroundings before making any new moves like I said I don't want to be the prey today. After about half an hour of looking around the damp forest, I found a small black bird resting high on a branch, waiting peacefully for the sun to rise once again. I took out my bow and one arrow not taking my eyes off the small creature. I aimed to its neck but it wasn't easy, a few leaves covered it.

When I was sure my arrow would hit my target I let my arrow fly. It rustled around the leafs, soon after a small black bird fell from the branch. The arrow struck right on its neck. I walked towards it and carefully lifted it up. The sun was now showing its warmth and light just above me and the bird.

It turns out the bird wasn't black, but a very beautiful shade of dark blue. I studied it and took out my arrow, the color was very unusual here they are normally black, gray or brown. I put it inside my pouch and kept on running, I need to find somewhere safer to cook it. I slowed down my pace to a slow jog, I was starting to get out of breath plus mornings are very cold.

Then out of nowhere, a loud noise was heard making me stop dead in my tracks. I looked around for the source of the loud sound when I spotted a metal capsule. I ran as fast as I could towards it. Did it come from the sky? Probably judging from the loud sound it made. I got closer to it, as I could already hear, shouts and laughter. Climbing the nearest tree I could find, I hid behind some leaves.

The door of the capsule was already open and teens about my age and younger were running around like there was no tomorrow. They danced, cheered, shouted, played, drummed, celebrated they were on Earth. But it isn't as good and beautiful as they thought.

Earth is now an unforgiving and merciless place.

*****

It's been an hour since the sky people arrived and I've been learning a lot of stuff about them. This blonde girl named Clarke and a boy named Wells are trying to convince everyone to go walk to Mount Weather. Bellamy and his sister Octavia are opposed to that decision, as well as this boy named Murphy and his 'friends'. Then there's Finn, he's let's say, the rebellious boy. He's always looking for trouble, but he has his heart set on helping Clarke.

Jasper and Monty are both not interested it seems for anything, Jasper clearly has a thing for Octavia and of course wherever Jasper goes Monty follows. The rest if the kids are celebrating they are on Earth. Aside from all that I still have to learn a lot, who knows how long until they find out they're not alone?

"How are you two gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells asked Clarke and Finn.

Finn looked around for a second, he grabbed two random shoulders turning out to be Monty and Jasper.

"Four, can we go now?" He said to Wells while Jasper and Monty looked at each other.

"Sounds like a party," Octavia said walking over to them." Make it five."

Then, of course, Bellamy came." Where are you going?"

Octavia rolled her eyes. "For a walk."

Then Clark's eyes landed on Finn's hand. " Did you try to take this off?" She asked grabbing his hand and examining a metal bracelet.

"Yeah. So?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"So? Do you want the ones you love to think your dead? Because they will if you take this off. They will think that we are dying and that is not safe to follow. Do you want them to come down? Then don't take it off." Everyone stayed silent even Bellamy, he also seemed a bit nervous about what Clarke just said.

He's worried about something.

Bellamy looked at Octavia and sighted." Alright, you can go." He gave
in.

She smiled and kissed him on the cheek and walked away with the other four. Should I follow them or stay here? I sighed and followed the five who just exited the camp, I wanna know where they are going.

I stayed about ten meters way from them and kept a steady pace. They talked about stuff like why they were caught, Monty and Jasper apparently stole wildflowers and one of them forgot to replace them.

Then they asked Octavia, who pointed out that having a second child was illegal. Unlike here, having two children it's a blessing, considering that the mountain men roam around these parts very often. Their life must be rough, well they need to prepare themselves for the weather because if that doesn't kill them, the Woods clan will. Then they found the relaxant flowers they called it 'poison sumac'.

"How can you block all of this out Clarke?" Finn asked referring to the nature around them.

"Well, it's easy. Haven't anyone of you wondered why we haven't seen any animals yet? Maybe because there are none, maybe the radiation killed them all. Maybe we've been exposed to enough radiation to kill us." Clarke said.

Or maybe you haven't seen any animals because a drop ship just crashed no more fifty meters away, and you scared them away. I rolled my eyes and they kept walking until Clarke stopped.

She kneeled in front of a fallen log and stared with admiration at a deer.

"No animals, huh?" Finn said and stepped closer to the animal.

Snap.

He stepped carelessly on a twig making the deer look over to them, and revealing its mutated face. They all gasped and the animal scurried away. They are gonna see more like these, not because there is not enough radiation to kill them it doesn't mean it won't affect them. They kept on walking but I decided to go back to their camp and learn more about Skaïkru.

I walked backward until I was sure they wouldn't hear me and ran back dodging rocks and branches. Finally, I arrived at the campsite, they have already built two fires and they seem to be making a bigger one in the center of the camp. I sighed looking at them all playing and running around happily, they better enjoy it now because it won't last long.

✖✖✖

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment!