Our Fight

They were everywhere, they ran around the trees like wild goose, and so far we've only shot down no more than five of them. I aimed an arrow once again, I waited until it was the perfect moment to shoot. When a black figure crossed I let go, but like many times before I missed.

"They're impossible to shoot!" Finn shouted through the walkie talkie as the loud bangs from the guns were heard.

"Wait! Stop! Stop shooting!" Bellamy shouted.

I immediately lowered the gun from the boy beside me, and told them to stop." They only wants us to waste our ammunition! We're running out and Raven can't make any more, she ran out of gun powder!" Bellamy explained.

"Don't shoot until your sure your going to hit one of them." Finn said.

When a rush of air passed right beside my ear I jumped back, noticing the boy from before was gone I looked back. He had his eyes wide open, a spear stuck right on his neck.

"If we stop shooting they'll attack!" I said." We have to look for better cover. They'll take my team all in no time."

Someone was about to say something, but the sound of a bomb cut them off. I looked around and saw that all the black figures were no longer in sight.

"They stepped on the bombs! They work!" Finn shouted once the sounds of two bombs going off subsided.

I soon realised that they just keep on appearing, you took one down, two more appeared. Their numbers keept on rising, to a point that made me feel like we wouldn't win this battle, that we would probably not make it out alive. It's a scary thing to think about. But right now I can't give myslef the time to think about what could happen in a near future, right now I have to focus on getting out of here alive.

"Retreat! Get inside the walls! Now!" Bellamy shouted.

"You heard him!" I said to the two teens beside me." Move!"

Standing up and jumping out of the small protection of the hole, I protected the three people who ran towards the tunnel to get inside those walls. I walked backwards as I shot my last arrow, successfully hitting a running object looking for another tree to hide. I grabbed the machette from my back, and entered the tunnel, ready to fight whoever came at me.

The three teens who got in were guarding the dropship, I looked around as I saw the west, north and south teams come inside pointing their guns up at the trees, looking for a target to shoot at.

I was guarding the front gate with Jasper, who was scared to the core, I smiled faintly at him and nodded firmly. He looked at me worriedly but nodded confidently back.

"Astina! Jasper!" I looked back and saw Bellamy just exiting the drop ship, we ran towards him." Raven is working on plan 'B', when she's ready run insdie the ship! And make sure no grounders get inside or close to the ship. Hold them up as long as you can!" He said and I nodded.

Shots were already heard from behind me. I looked back to the gate and saw the grounders already flooding the place. Without thinking twice I ran towards one of the intruders and swung my machette at him, he dodged as I put some distance between us. We charged at the same time and at the last second I kneeled down, sliding I cut his thigh. I stood up again and sliced through his back. I pushed it's body away from my knife as two more people charged towards me. A man and a woman.

The man swung first his sword, and I blocked it with my machette. He pressed against me. When the woman saw that I couldn't defend myslef she charged with her knife, I moved in the last second getting the man to fall forward and towards the approaching woman's way. I sliced the man's neck and stabbed the woman in the shoulder, and pulled down makeing the cut longer and deeper. She fell to the floor as blood started to soak her clothes.

"Get the hell off me!" I looked to my right and saw Bellamy fighting a man on the floor.

Grabbing one sword from one of the people I fought I rushed towards him and kicked the man off Bellamy. I rose my sword and pushed it against his stomach as I heard his screams, twisting it still inside him I stood up and walked towards a tired Bellamy. I grabbed the sword by its blade and held the handle towards him.

"You'll need this." I said, he looked at me and hesitantly nodded at me, grabbing it he looked at it.

"Thanks." He said and I nodded at him and smiled.

I ran towards my next target, a woman who had just ripped out her sword from a body of a limp boy. She smirked at me as I ran towards her my weapon held high in the air. We clashed against eachother, our swords the only thing keeping us appart. Her face had no gashes but it had a huge purple bruise on her cheek. When I felt a sharp pain on my left hip, I looked down. Her knife was held way inside my left hip, I moved back just before she pushed the rest in.

My hand rested above my cut as I felt warm blood start dripping from it. When the woman started to wobble on her feet I frowned, she fell to the floor." Astina! Come on! We're ready!" I looked to my right and saw Jasper with his gun on his hands.

I ran towards the ship when I saw Bellamy and Finn struggling against two men. I turned around and ran towards them and hit the first man on his hip sending him to the floor, Finn room this opportunity to hit him and finally finish him off. Finn helped Bellamy as another opponent ran towards me.

"Finn! Bellamy! We can't hold them off much longer! Hurry up!" I looked up to see Clarke beeing held by Jasper from running towards us.

"Just go! We'll be okay!" I said as I blocked another attack from my opponent.

"Yeah! We'll be okay!" Bellamy said as Finn nodded at her and hid behind a pile of rocks to protect themselves from the fire.

I kicked the man, and finally got a clear opening from him and sliced his throat open. I saw the ship about to close it's door. Grabbing Bellamy's and Finn's hand I ran towards the tunnel and exited the camp, my side hurt but I still tightly held the hands of both of the boys behind me. They finally got a hold on themselves and started to run beside me without needing of my help. I started to slow down, but still slowly advanced.

"Astina! Come on!" Finn said looking back at me.

Bellamy looked back and ran towards me." It's okay, you guys go. I'll be fine." I said but Bellamy didn't stop.

"Come on! If you stay here you'll die." He said as he grabbed my arm and put it around his shoulder and continued to run.

At one point we got separated from Finn, we got inside a cave as Bellamy carefully sat me down. I quickly took off my jacket, and lifted up my short were my wound was. I was missing a lot of blood and if it keept going I would probably die. I saw Bellamy rip a price of his shirt and put it against my wound, it stung a bit but it helped with the bleeding.

"Can you stand up?" He asked.

Even though it hurt like hell, I pushed myself up and leaned against one of the walls of the cave and put my hand on my side. I nodded my head and started to walk outside, Bellamy right behind me.

"Let's hurry and find Finn before he runs into trouble." I said and walked away from our camp, smelling the smoke from the explosion.

"Thank you for helping us. Even though you didn't have to, thanks anyways." Bellamy said softly from behind me.

"I'm here because I hate those people as much as you do. And thanks to you too. For not leaving me behind I mean." I said.

We kept quiet the rest of the way as we looked for Finn inside the green and damp forest.