Survivors

I woke up in a jump as I heard a loud groan coming from my right. I sighed as I saw it was only Jasper.

"He's getting worse by the second can't you do anything?" Someone asked.

I stood up and saw Octavia holding Jasper's hand and cleaning his sweaty face. I walked over to them and looked at his weakening body.

"Is Clarke back?" I asked without looking at her.

"No...but Bellamy's friends are back. they say they would be here in a minute." She said and I nodded.

Right then the trapdoor opened and Clarke, Finn, and Wells climbed up.

"Here's the seaweed, now help him," Clarke said and handed me the red wet weed.

I took it from her and removed the seaweed on Jasper's wound, all the flesh around it was a white color. It was infected.

"I need to cut the infected flesh off, give me a knife," I said and put my hand out.

My head shot up when I didn't feel the cool metal against my skin. Clarke was looking at me skeptically as the others looked at each other.

"Do you want me to save him or not?" I asked now pissed off.

Clarke dug her hand into her pocket and took out a knife she held it above my hand but didn't let it drop. "If you even think-."

"You'll kill me. I know." I said as I grabbed her knife from her hand.

We glared at each other for a moment before I walked away to the other side of the table were Jasper was laying.

There, beside me was a fire. Resting the knife on it, I waited until the tip turned blue.

"You need to hold Jasper down," I said without turning around.

"I'm not going to like this, am I?" Monty asked from where he was.

I briefly looked at him and gave him a reassuring look. I grabbed the knife and turned around. All eyes were on me and the burning knife.

I walked over to him and looked at the others holding down the helpless boy. My eyes tabled back to the wound and rested my free hand beside it.

And without thinking I started cutting off the white flesh, Jasper's screams echoed throughout the small room.

"Stop! You're killing him!" Octavia said running over to me with a desperate look on her face.

"She's trying to save him," Finn said still holding down Jasper's legs.

Octavia looked at Clarke and she nodded. My hand and the knife stopped making contact with his skin as I finished.

I grabbed the red seaweed and put it on his open but now clean wound. My eyes traveled to all the others.

He was going to live.

*****

Octavia, Finn, Wells, Clarke, and Monty sat in a circle as they passed a bottle with some liquid inside.

They were all talking and enjoying themselves until a cracked voice spoke up.

"Can I, um, get some of that?" All heads including mine shot to Jasper, only to see his eyes open and smiling happily to see his friends again.

"Jasper!" They all shouted and ran over to him, except me, I stayed put in my spot as they all talked amongst each other.

"No, thank her." I heard Clarke said

Looking over to them I saw Jasper looking at me a bit confused, he looked at Clarke and back at me.

"What? Who is she?" He asked softly.

"A grounder," Clarke said.

Finn nodded and everything went silent. Until the hatch door opened.

Grounder... I hate how it sounds.

Bellamy's head and half of his torso showed. He looked at Jasper as the rest just glared at him, including Octavia.

"You," He said nodding towards me." Follow me."

He once again disappeared as I stood up and followed him down the ladder. I stood on the second floor of the ship, in front of me Bellamy stood with my bow and arrows in hand.

He motioned me once again to follow him, he walked out of the ship. I looked around the camp where once was only a few fires, now there was a half built wall and tents everywhere.

Bellamy turned towards me when we were standing in the middle of the camp.

"How many are there of you?" He asked and I frowned.

"There are many tree people if that's what you're asking?" I said.

"Yesterday a green fog appeared and killed Atom. Do you know what it is?" He asked.

"The Maunan created it, as well the Reapers," I said and he looked at me strangely.

"Who are the 'Maunan'?"

"Mountain men."

He nodded slowly and started walking away once again, I sighed in annoyance and followed behind him.

"Why are you asking, Bellamy?" I said and he stopped to look at me over his shoulder.

"I need to know my enemy. What's your name?" He asked.

"Astina. I didn't know we were enemies." I said and he chuckled.

"I never said we weren't." He said and I rose my eyebrows.

"What about if I lied?" I said challenging him.

"Did you?" He said stepping closer to me.

"Maybe. I'm your enemy, I have no reason to tell you anything." I said as I saw from the corner of my eye people watching us.

"Oh, really?" He said and stepped closer towering over me.

"I'm not afraid of you, Bellamy," I said and he smirked.

He shook his head from side to side and walked away. I was about to follow him until he spoke up." You don't need to follow me anymore, you're free to go."

I blinked once not quite getting what he just said, I turned around and walked away, inside the ship and up the ladder to see if Jasper was okay.

Thinking of why I didn't walk away from them like any other tree people would

But then again, I'm not tree people anymore.

I haven't been in years.

Bellamy's POV

The next morning~

It was early morning and I just got out of my tent. I walked around camp not expecting to see anyone until I saw the grounder girl, Astina, coming from the forest with a small bag and leafs.

"What are you doing?" I asked stopping in front of her.

She looked up with her forest green eyes and locked them with mine.

"Jasper needs medicine." She simply said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

She walked around me and continued her way inside the drop ship, but I stopped her before she could get inside.

"Do you know how to hunt?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

"That's how I've been surviving almost my whole life. So yes, I do know how to hunt." She said.

"Meet me in the woods at midnight, we are going hunting. We need food." She looked at me suspiciously.

"I need my bow and arrows to hunt." She said. I kept them in my tent just in case.

"Yeah, I'll bring them," I said and she nodded walking inside the drop ship.

This was going to be an interesting night.

✖✖✖

Sorry for the late update!

Don't forget to vote and comment!