Chapter 15

"You fuckin suck ass, Lucifer," Jin yelled stepping through Hells gates. With his hands in his pockets, Jin walked up to the gatekeeper. "I died again. Can you believe it?" he asked the gatekeeper. The little red devil smirked at Jin as he touched on of his horns on his head.

"Yes, it was a shame," it spoke.

"Leave him be, I've come for-"

"I know well of why you return Lucifer," the little devil had guts Lucifer thought. Interrupting his former lord, it almost made Lucifer laugh. Almost. "He awaits you at the castle," the devil shuffled around his little booth, pulling a red ticket with gold around the edges and handed it to Lucifer. "Be prepared for what you are about to see. I can already tell you it will not be a happy ending."

"Do we ever, "Lucifer asked giving the demon a weak expression with a small smile as he took the ticket.

"No," the demon gave him the same weak expression.

Without any hesitation Lucifer throw the ticket to the ground as he did so a round door like mass formed over the ticket. "Stay here Jin and if you're good I'll bring you back to your woman," Lucifer glanced towards Jin before walking towards the door that would lead him to the throne room inside the castle.

"You better," Jin crossed his arms glaring at Lucifer.

Lucifer turned back to the door like mass. Glaring at it, for a moment just a moment he thought he say Spirit's smiling face in front of him. Her arms out wide as she called out for his name, "Lucifer." He took a step forward and then another. Lucifer couldn't wait to see her. To make sure she was alright. To make sure she didn't hate him. He wanted to hold her and apologize over and over again until he couldn't say it no more.

He was stupid to make a deal with her. He was an idiot for not running after her. For not getting there on time. He curled his fingers into a fist and squeezed, he couldn't protect her from being raped, couldn't protect her from turning into the very thing she hated. A demon. Not this time, he thought, I'll protect you this time.

Stepping through the mist like door, Lucifer faced the throne he use to sit on. The place where he ruled all of Hell. The place was just like he left it. Everything black, two rivers of fire parallel from each other, running from the entice of the throne room all the way to the other side. Torches were placed evenly on the walkway toward the other end of the room.

"X," Lucifer yelled at the top of his lungs. "Where is she?" he stormed over to the X, who was sitting on his throne. He was slouching in his seat with his right elbow on the arm of the chair and his cheek resting on his fist.

Smirked, "Oh where, oh where could my little angel be," he sang trying to hold his laugh.

This pissed Lucifer off to no end. "Who said that she was your?" Lucifer growled stepping in front of X at the little flit of stairs.

"I did," Lucifer's eye grow wide when he heard the voice. It wasn't X but Spirit. She came out from behind the chair with a sly smile. Her hair was a dark brown, her eyes were a golden color, and she wore a long black dress with long red sleeves. Her hair covered her shoulders but barely covered her open cleavage.

"What?"

"You were right," she said taking a step forward. "He doesn't care. No matter how much we love him back, it's never enough. And when he's done with us, we are castaway like a piece of trash. Forgotten in a wasteland."

She remember it word for word, Lucifer thought, what have I done? "I was wrong to say that to you. He does care, he just had odd ways of teaching us a lesson."

"A lesson you say?" she raised an eyebrow. "He lives to torture us, abandon us, but not this time. Together," she said giving her hand to X, "we will make a new age where no one will face what we have faced. We will make an age far greater than our father's."

"Spirit, this is ludicrous! Don't let that man fool you! Come to me, and I will fix everything."

"How can you? You can't change what has already happened," X laughed. Sitting up in his seat he raised Spirit's hand and kissed it. "Isn't that right my love?"

"Yes, I can no longer return to the Heavens because I made a deal with the devil," she said sadly. "Father with never forgive an angel who made a deal with the devil. Broke the deal and became a demon," she smiled as she gave a little giggle, "I've been a bad girl."

"He will forgive you. Like you said. 'If god can forgive a man who spills blood then he can forgive me'," Lucifer watched Spirit's smile grow and it scared him. Did he lose her? Was she so far gone that she accepted all the things he told her. All the things he said because of hatred towards their father. No, Lucifer couldn't accept that she felt the same way he did. She wouldn't. She was kind, loving, and caring to even think that God would do that to her.

"Oh Lucifer, if only forgiving someone was that easy. I don't just hate Him. I hate you too." Something in Lucifer hit him. It hurt him so much that he was almost about to fall on his knees. The glaring look in her eyes made his legs weak and that devilish smile that showed her canines, made his heart ache. "If only you just left me, I would still be... be..."

"Your still you, your still-"

"Enough! I'm tired of this little conversion. Didn't you come to fight me or disappoint me?" X stood up from his chair and glared down on Lucifer.

"I've come for Spirit. But while I'm at it, I don't mind killing you while I'm at it." Lucifer smirked.

"Finally," X smiled back, "I was getting bored."