Chapter 9

Lucifer woke from the sound of bombs falling from inside the television. He normally didn't watch T.V only because he saw this kind of stuff all his life. He even joined World War II just to play around. It reminded him of home when he smelled burning flesh. During those times it was always busy, collecting souls before the angles do.

That's how he meet his angel. The sun was setting over the battlefield that day. Her white wings in the sun light reminded him of the warmth of the heavens. Just looking at her, he knew that he had to have her. To hold her. To kiss her. To love her like no man has ever love her. Even God himself. But there was always a problem. She was an angel -his forbidden fruit- and he was... he was Satan, a monster.

Lucifer reached for the remote from the coffee table and turned off the T.V with a button. He than leaned into the couch as he ran fingers through his semi-long, brown hair. Tilting his head towards the hall, he wondered if she was still mad at him.

Lucifer had to admit she was like him in some ways. Maybe that's what attracted him to her? When he used to be ruled by the man upstairs, Lucifer thought differently. He felt emotions, had free will, he wasn't a puppet like those other angels. But his other brother and sisters turned on him. To show his dyeing love for his Father he showed the true colors of the humans and was punished.

Lucifer thought about his Spirit. If she too was picked on but Lucifer couldn't see that pain that he once held. No, even when punished she always smiled. They maybe the same but they came out different.

While Lucifer was a sinner, she was still that angel who once sored the skies. Even when she killed she still was an angel and nothing was going to change that.

Getting up off the couch he headed to the bedroom. Slowly approaching to the door he was wondering what to say. If he should ask her if she was alright or if she was hungry? Once at the door he hesitated to knock on the door. Building up the courage he felt his knuckles hit the wood of the door.

"Spirit," he called out to her. "Spirit, I'm coming in. Alright?" There was not answer and this worried him to no end. Slowly opening the door he hoped that she was a sleep. He didn't want to witness her being kidnapped or missing.

He bit his tongue once he realized what he thought. Him worried? He wanted to laugh at himself but couldn't.

Picking around the door to get a good look at the bed. It was empty. He opened the door wider to see her on the other side of the room, standing in front of the window looking at her hands. Slowly she turned her hands into fist as she lifted her head up to look outside.

Once she realized that he was there, staring at her. She refused to face him. She just looked at his reflecting from the window. She wanted to cry but alone.

"Spirit?" Him saying her name made her want to run to him. Confess her sins to him. Cry on his wide shoulders and hope to the lord that he would forgive her for what she said to him. "Are you alright?" She slowly shook her head no. She was deathly afraid of what was being of her. "Will you tell me?" She shook her head no again. "Is it that bad?" He didn't wait for her to answer. "Spirit... I want to apologize for what I said."

"Lucifer," she whispered his name as if she was about to cry. "What is wrong with me? I can't hear the Lords song. The angels don't sing. I can't hear anyone. And when I call, no one answers."

Lucifer faced the ground. She was confused and lonely. "Spirit. Humans can't hear them. Not even I can hear them."

"What an awful punishment this is. What punishment is worse than this?" Lucifer could think of a few but didn't dare say.

Lucifer watched her open her hands and close them once more as if something was on them and she didn't want to see. "Is that all that is nothing you?"

"No. I feel that I'm becoming something I'm not." She finally turned around to face him with tears in her eyes. "Please, Lucifer. If the lord will not save me. Will you... save me?"

Lucifer came to her side, hugged her, and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Spirit," he didn't know what to say and he didn't think there was anything to say after that. Lifting her chin up he placed a light kiss upon her lips and then another but harder this time.

He wanted to protect her but she needed to see. She needed to see what it is to be human. What human life is like.

"Spirit, I believe it's time for you to see what life is like outside these walls," he said with a smile.