Chapter 12

Walking the same path as what Spirit took he followed her new baby smell that was mixed with honey. This place was so new to her he didn't want her to get lost. What the hell, he thought, she maybe lost right now not knowing where to go. The longer he walked the more he felt uneasy about her being alone. It was dark, getting cold, and she maybe sleepy. He didn't want her to fall asleep somewhere and have some shite-head touch her. Just the thought made him make a fist. As the thought thicken in his mind he started running.

"Spirit," he called at the top of his lungs. Looking at every angle he couldn't see her. "Spirit!"

"Lucifer!"

Lucifer turned toward the sound of Spirit's voice. Her voice seemed to have echoed all around him as figured out where it was coming from. Once he knew he ran.

What had he done? Lucifer couldn't think, couldn't breathe, he thought the worst when he heard his angel cry out his name.

"Spirit!" he cried out.

"Lucifer," she cried in pain.

He heard her voice coming from the church a head. Without any hesitation he ran up the steps and burst through the wooden doors to find his angel on the other side of the church. Lucifer's body shook, his teeth sharped, nails grow, and his black wings grow out of his body as his horns slowly grow out of his head. He was so mad with angry that his body showed his other form. The form he was cursed with.

"Spirit," Lucifer whispered.

She lied on the table with her clothes torn, hair a mess hanging over the table as she was unconscious. He ran to her but stopped half way when a fire ball strike at his feet making him jump back. Lucifer gazed up to the second floor of the church and found X sitting on the railing. His dark black hair covered most of his but one side. His bright green eyes gazed down to Lucifer as he smiled, licking his lips with his long snake like tongue.

"Your too late, Lucifer," X laughed standing up to his feet. He wore a fathers' outfit with the pants undone. Lucifer's eyes grow wide as he looked back at his angel. No, he didn't. "I'm a little surprised. I never thought you would make a deal with my little angel. Made my job a lot easier," he smiled showing his fangs.

"Your angel," Lucifer felt his blood boil. "Do you have any idea what you have done?"

"I do. She has broken your deal and now will become a demon. Now she will forever stay by my side. Like she should always be." He said walking on the railing towards Spirit. "She is the very thing that has kept me alive all these years and I won't let her get away this time."

"Don't tell me. You're the child she saved all these years ago?"

"I am," he said. "And now I can finally repay her."

"Repay her! You turned her-"

"We are the same you and I," X interrupted jumping down next to the table that Spirit was on. "God has betrayed us. All of us," he looked at Spirit and then back to Lucifer, "and he thinks he could toy with us. Us! His children that he is to love but no!" he yelled. "We are part of his sick game called life. But not this time." X looked at Spirit once more as he let his fingers into her blond hair as it slowly turned brown. Lucifer flinched but didn't dare move a step forward. He didn't know what X would do to her if he did. If he was real crazy he could kill her, like those men that say 'if I can't have her no one can'. "Once Spirit wakes, she and I will defeat this so called God and I will rule both Heaven and Hell. And it's all thanks to you. If you didn't give up your thrown this would not have been possible."

"Then I guess I'm taking it back," Lucifer smirked.

Smirking back X walked around the table and grabbed hold of Spirit. "Then I will be waiting."