Chapter 8

Storming into the back bedroom, Spirit couldn't believe what Lucifer said. God wouldn't do that to us. We were loved and welcomed no matter what we have done. Because our lord was forgiving, loving, and out hope to us, she thought. She laid in bed in hopes that she could rest her throbbing head. She was not used to being angry. She didn't like how it felt.

Being human was much different then she thought. Her heart hurt, her legs would get tried, and the only best thing about being human was the food.

She missed the heavens. The sweet songs her brothers and sisters sang. She missed the flying through the clouds and watching the city light shine up above like starts.

There were many things she yearned for but what she yearned most... she looked at the door. She yearned for his happiness.

Lucifer watched Spirit storm into the hall and into the bedroom. He waited a good minute until he picked up his cup and throw it across the room. He leaned down on the counter as he covered his forehead with his left hand. "Damn it," he whispered.

This was not what he wanted. He didn't want to fight with her or make her cry. He didn't know what to do. No one has ever told him that the Father could forgive Lucifer and let him return. Shaking his head he stood up. There was no way for me to return, he thought. He smiled to himself and thought about all that he had done that the Lord had disapproved over the years.

Lucifer was the king of hell, he was Satan, Diablo, and he was the devil. He didn't need approval from the man upstairs. He could do whatever he wanted. Even soil the beautiful angel that the Lord had offered him.

Lucifer made his way to the hall and to the door in the back room. He stood in front of the shut door. Hesitate to open the door. He wanted to show her what God couldn't do. That God couldn't save her, couldn't help her, couldn't speak to her and be there for her like he could. Lucifer answer all those who called. He gave them what they wanted. He was there when God wasn't.

He turned away from the door, afraid to do what he wanted to do to her. Lucifer knew that if he saw her crying face that he would definitely soil her and she would never forgive him. She would be forever afraid. She would run away and he didn't want that. Never would he want that to happen.

He looked over his shoulder before leaving into the living room, waiting for her.

Sorry for the short chap.