Part 28- I've missed you.

Kayla Pov-

So I'd been staying at Charlie's, like I said to Nathan I would. He begged me to stay, he tried his hardest to get me to listen to him but I didn't want to. To be honest, the whole idea made me feel sick. At one point Nathan was my step-dad and now he's the father of my half-brother?

 It was all too much.

I wanted a break, but no matter how much I wanted that I never got it. 

Nathan was in every magazine after Kirsty announced it. Obviously it being her idea to do that. And when I saw them on tv, or in a newspaper, I wanted to cry. Call it far fetched but I always dreamt it'd be me and him on the front cover talking about having our first child together, but we'd never have that now.

''Are you going to move? You've been sat on that couch for 3 days now!'' Charlie sighed. 

''Nothing to do.'' I shrugged. 

''Look-'' Charlie sat next to me on the couch and put her hand gently on my knee. ''I know you're upset but sitting here morbid will not help,'' she carried on, ''you need to go out, get some fresh air!''

''I've text Jay, he's gonna pick you up at 1 and you two are gonna go out. Then you're staying at his for a change of scenery. So go and pack a bag!'' Charlie pulled me up off the couch and I smiled as I left the room.

''Thank you.'' I responded and she nodded before gesturing with her hands for me to go.

*

 Smiling at my reflection, I gave my lips one last coat of lipstick. 

Soon enough, the doorbell rang. Jay's smiling face was apparent as soon as I opened the door. He welcomed me into a tight hug and I returned it, taking in his scent.

''How've you been Jay?'' I asked.

''Worried sick about you! C'mon, have you got your bag?'' He questioned and I nodded, lifting it up so he could see it. He grabbed it off me and then looked painfully at me.

''Why didn't you text me?'' He asked and then suddenly my feet became rather amusing as I stared at them. 

''Did I have to?'' I mumbled.

''Yes! To let me know you were okay! never mind us but Nathan's been in a state wondering how you were. He wanted to come and see you but we knew that'd make things worse,'' he sighed, ''c'mon, lets go.''

And all the way through the car journey, I thought about what Jay said. I should've text him but what was I supposed to say?

When he mentioned Nathan's name, I wanted to break down and cry. All I wanted was to see him; hug him; tell him it was okay. But for some reason, something was stopping me.

Kirsty.

She had to come back and ruin it for me again. I was sure I'd lost him then never mind now! Now he's the father of her baby, and not mine.

 ''Has Nathan been to see her?'' I questioned Jay and he shook his head. ''No,'' he breathed, ''he wanted to wait for you and him to make up, he didn't want to feel like he was betraying you even more.''

''Will he be at yours?'' Jay shifted uneasily in his seat whilst driving, but he nodded in reply. 

''He can go to one of the other lads if you like, he's just been staying with me for a while, he doesn't like the flat without you.'' He shrugged and I nodded.

I wanted to see him but then again, part of me didn't

Too late - I thought as we pulled up outside the block of flats Jay lived in. And me for that matter.