Part 10- ''We were practicing drama?''

Kayla Pov-

''Kayla?!'' My mum shouted and I winced at her raised voice. 

''We were practicing drama?'' Nathan excused but I shook my head. ''That was more than drama.'' My mum mumbled. ''What the hell is going on?'' She questioned.

''It was me, I was trying to get back at you. So don't blame him.'' I owned, wanting to save Nathan. ''No, I kissed her!'' Nathan shouted above me and I rolled my eyes. ''I kissed her.'' Nathan repeated and my heart stomped against my chest.

''Is that true, Kayla?'' My mum asked and I slowly nodded. 

''Why?'' 

''In fact, I don't want to know.'' My mum snapped. ''Because you're just a manipulative bitch!'' She screamed at me. Nathan stood in front of me, like he was a barrier, protecting me from her hurting me. ''Don't say that about her!'' 

''Oh, so you and Kayla? You've moved on to her?'' My mum asked and Nathan lowered his head. ''Fed up of having a 'cougar'?'' She used her fingers as quotation marks and she began to smirk. ''Gone for the younger type?'' 

''Wow, you down graded.'' She shrugged. ''Gone from someone like me, to that?'' 

''Stop talking about your daughter like that!'' Nathan demanded. ''She's no daughter of mine!'' My mum shouted. ''My own daughter kissing my boyfriend? No way is she staying here!'' 

''It was me, not her!'' Nathan tried to reason with her but she wasn't taking it. ''I've never liked you, Kayla. No wonder your fucking boyfriend cheated on you!'' 

Tears rolled down my cheeks as more and more words flowed from her mouth. ''Enough!'' Nathan shouted, trying to gain dominance. ''No, thats not enough! You cheated on me, with my own daughter!'' My mum shook her head.

''Well won't this be a good story to the press?'' She grinned before turning and slamming the front door shut.

Still crying, I stared at the back of Nathan's head. He was angry, at me? I don't know. 

''N-nathan?'' I croaked through my tears. 

He slowly turned his body until he was standing facing me. His eyes dropped to mine and he half smiled. ''It's okay.'' He shushed, pulling me into his chest. I breathed in his scent and closed my eyes. I felt his heart beat and sighed. 

''I'm sorry, this is all my fault.'' I pushed him away slightly and stood up as tall as I could. ''No, we got into this together.'' He shrugged. ''I should have stopped us a long time ago.'' I muttered to myself. ''What do you mean?'' Nathan questioned.

''Well we could be happy right now. We could just be friends, you could be in a relationship with no worries and my mum wouldn't be shattering your reputation as soon as she tells the press!'' I explained and he rolled his eyes. ''So what you're saying is that you're not happy with me right now? You wanted me to be lonely here whilst you stay with your friends and your mum swans off somewhere-''

''Nathan, I'm saying I want you to be happy.'' I sighed, shaking my head. ''I let us go too far. I should have put a stop to things before we reached this stage.'' I told him. ''So you regret us?'' He spat.

''I didn't say that-''

''You didn't have to.'' Nathan snapped.

''You know, I thought it was going to be okay, I thought me and you could just sit here and forget it.'' He started. ''But no.'' He shook his head. ''Did you never care? When you told me you thought you were falling in love, you lied?'' He asked. but before I could answer, he carried on. 

''Thanks, Kayla.'' He walked towards the living room door. ''Where are you going?'' I rushed, causing him to look at me. ''Upstairs, but you can go to Jay's. I don't want you here.'' He shrugged.

Tears spilt from my eyes and I breathed out shakily.

Great.

*

''SO what you're saying is that you caught Nathan and your daughter kissing?'' The interviewer asked my 'weeping' mum. She nodded and wiped her eyes with her tissue. ''Yes, but thats not the worst of it all.'' She sobbed.

''What happened, if you don't mind sharing.'' The interviewer half smiled and my mum returned it. ''No, I don't mind. I guess it's better than others telling you lies.'' My mum shrugged and I sighed. WHAT LIES?!

''Once I saw them kissing, I just asked them what was going on, as I was confused.'' She started. ''I wanted them to tell me the truth, and that I wouldn't judge it before I knew the truth. But they began to lie.'' She shrugged. ''And once I asked them to tell me the truth, they told me they'd been going behind my back for a while. And Nathan said he'd never loved me and that he loved Kayla. I couldn't help it, I started to cry but neither of them made any effort to comfort me.''

My mum began to cry into her hands, apologising to the interviewer but the interviewer just nodded, and sympathetically smiled at her. 

*

''I wouldn't wind yourself up about it, Kayla.'' Jay shrugged. ''I'm not!'' I protested. ''Then why are you clenching your fists and pacing around the room?'' He asked, sarcastically. I sighed and sat down next to him.

''I'm worried. What if people get mad at Nathan now?'' I questioned. ''They will get mad at him, but he's in a boy band, stories are bound to go around about him. This one will just take a little more to get out of.'' Jay explained and I nodded.

''It'll be okay, Kayla, I promise you.'' Jay smiled. 

''Thanks, Jay. You're a great friend.'' I beamed. 

''Yeah, a friend.'' Jay mumbled.

''Huh?'' I asked, confused. I pulled my eyebrows together and looked at him, studying his face. 

''Nothing.'' He rushed before standing up. I stood up after him and grabbed his arm and pulled him back to face me. ''No. Tell me!'' I demanded and he rolled his eyes. He sighed and ruffled his curls with his hand. 

''I like you, Kayla. I just didn't want to tell you, you like Nathan.'' My heart rate sped up and a lump formed in my throat. ''J-j-jay.'' I stuttered. ''I don't know what to say.'' I gasped, swallowing the lump and not being able to say anything more.

''You don't have to.'' He shrugged, taking his arm from my grasp.

I don't know why I did it. But I pulled him back again and lent onto my tiptoes and kissed him. I forced my lips onto his, wanting to feel someone's lips on mine again and wanting to feel loved. I ran my hands through his hair and smiled as his hands met my waist.

But he didn't deepen it, he gently pushed me away.

''You don't want this, Kayla. You love him.'' Jay shook his head and smiled before eventually leaving the room.

What have I done?!

*Heyyy!

Like this part?;)

What dya think about Jay and Kayla? Was it just that she wanted to feel loved, or do you think there was something more?

Hmmm...

COMMENT

Haha, please let me know what you thought! Thank you for all the feedback I have been getting though, I love reading all of your lovely comments:')

So yeah,

thanks for reading!

I love you all,

Lizzie. x*