Part 24- ''Where are you?''

Kayla Pov-

''I can tell when you're lying you know?'' Jordan chuckled as he sat down next to me on the sofa. I breathed out loudly and fiddled with my fingers. 

He'd kept on asking me what was wrong and all I did was deny that I was upset. It was clear by the way I was acting that I was sad, so why I tried to say I wasn't confused me. I guess I just didn't want to tell Jordan the real reason and I was giving myself time to think up and excuse.

''What's the matter?'' Jordan repeated and I sighed as I looked up at him.

As I looked into Jordan's eyes I knew that it wasn't the same as looking into Nathan's. Apart from the obvious difference of eye colour, it was the feeling I got. And I know it sounds quite strange that I get a 'feeling' from looking into someone's eyes. But when I looked into Nathan's eyes, a feeling of safety and comfort came over me. And when they sparkled, I knew it was me that caused that. Not in a big-headed kind of way, but I just knew. Looking into Jordan's, it wasn't the same feeling. Yes I was happy with him but when he looked at me I just didn't feel anything, as harsh as it sounds.

''Its Nathan, isn't it?'' Jordan asked. 

I shyly shook my head and Jordan smiled, unexpectedly. I thought he'd go mad and tell me to forget Nathan. But he didn't, he cared.

''You've been sat here for days, just moping,'' he spoke softly.''I do know why but I guess I just hoped that you'd get better and that you'd change your mind,'' he shrugged.

''I know you love him, I know that from the way you looked at him when he came back from America. Its a different way than the way you look at me. I'm not saying that you don't love me because I know you do, maybe just in a different way to him. The way you're so heart broken now reminds me of how I was when I was in the same position, but I lost her because she moved away.'' 

''What I'm trying to say Kayla, is that you've got to go and tell him how you feel before it's too late.'' 

When Jordan had finished speaking, I pulled him into my arms. We sat hugging in silence until he pulled away. 

''I'm sorry.'' Was all I managed to say and he shrugged.

''Don't be sorry, I understand,'' he smiled. ''Now go!'' He ordered.

I chuckled and pulled myself off the sofa. I kissed his cheek before walking towards the door. 'Thank you' I mouthed before I finally left the flat.

*

 ''Nathan?'' I called out as I searched his house frantically. 

''Where are you?'' I shouted up the stairs, but there was no reply.

The house was silent and it panicked me. Where could he be?!

I jogged up the stairs and into my old room, nope. He wasn't there either. ''Nathan.'' I whispered as I saw a note resting on the desk. 

As I walked towards it, I noticed his handwriting scribbled on the front, addressed to me. Slowly, I picked it up and braced myself for whatever was to come.

Dear Kayla,

I'm guessing you found my letter? Well obviously if you're reading this you have, ha! I hope you can read it, I mean my hand writing is god awful! I know.

Anyway, the reason I left this is because I won't be there when you find it. I'm not gonna tell you where I am until you've read the rest of this letter because I want to explain things to you. I want to let you know how I feel, even though I've probably already told you.