Part 21- ''Remember what?''

Kayla Pov-

Time stood still as soon as those words escaped the priest's mouth. 

I watched Nathan carefully, his lips quivered as if he didn't know how to speak anymore; as if he didn't know what to do. His eyes looked panicked, but he didn't look at her, I don't think he felt he could.

Nathan's eyes met mine and he pleaded with me to step up and say something but I knew I couldn't. For both our sakes. 

'Im sorry' I mouthed to him and he half smiled.

''Nathan?'' The priest coughed awkwardly and the room was silent, you could have heard a pin drop. 

''Oh sorry, I was in my own world.'' Nathan laughed un-easily. 

''Do you, or don't you?'' Kirsty snapped. 

Nathan's face dropped, anger filling the worried expression on his face; the real him completely vanishing.

''You know what answer I want to say, Kirsty! But you've forced me into this whole thing!'' He shouted and the entire room gasped at his words. ''I don't want to marry you, I don't even want to see you again but you keep me trapped in this life and I hate it!'' He went on.

''N-nathan, I'm s-sorry.'' My mum stuttered.

''No! I don't want to hear it!'' Nathan shouted, stepping away from her. ''Everybody, meet Kirsty Machado. This woman made me happy to start with but she changed. She was only after one thing, and it was my money and my fame. I know that because I heard her on the phone to Ellen. I met Kirsty's daughter, Kayla, and we fell in love.'' My hands shook as he went on and tears streamed down my mums face. 

I did feel bad, but this was what she deserved.

''Kirsty was horrible to Kayla. Kayla was upset for a while and one time, after begging her to tell me what was wrong, she told me. She told me that Kirsty here was calling her names such as worthless, ugly, fat and that it was her fault that her father left when she was born. It really hurt Kayla, and it really hurt me seeing Kayla so upset.'' He explained. And there and then, I wanted the ground to swallow me whole!

But yet, he carried on.

''Kirsty had even hit Kayla, and she carried on making her upset. I was with Kayla a lot when Kirsty went away, I fell hard for her. And as soon as Kirsty returned, I was back with her and that upset Kayla and I've never felt so bad as it looked like I was playing them both. But I wasn't.''

''Basically, she's a bitch and Nath loves Kayla.'' Tom inputted, and a small chuckle escaped my lips. But Ellen's elbow stabbed my ribs which caused me to clutch them in pain. 

''I'm sorry, both of you, I really am. I know this was kinda forced but-''

''Kinda?!'' Max joined in but was soon quiet again after Siva hit him.

''I'll leave you both alone, I promise, you deserve to be happy. And Kayla? I'm sorry I was such a bad mother.''

She spoke softly, smiling at me. 

*

''Kayla? Kayla! Are you gonna wake up now?!'' Charlie shrugged me and I grumbled, opening my eyes.

It was all a dream.

There was no Nathan standing up for himself, there was no Tom and Max and there was no apology from my mum.

''Are you okay?'' Charlie questioned, seeming concerned.

''Course I am! Why wouldn't I be? I've only been asleep.'' I chuckled and Charlie knotted her eyebrows together in confusion.