Part 26- How did I know that was a lie?

Kayla Pov-

Things had been going great recently. Nathan and I were officially a couple, well in secret of the fans. We had to wait for it all to die down between him and Kirsty. Yes people still talked about it, one year on!

I'd quit my job at the pub and I was doing modelling now for an agency called 'Love'. Apparently they'd seen me in magazines, heard about me, seen me at award shows and they thought I was model material. I mean it was unexpected, weird almost. If you'd have asked me two years ago whether I wanted to model I would have laughed in your face!

Charlie had kept the flat, but Jordan had moved out and back into his somewhere else in London. I told her I'd keep paying my half though until she wanted to move out. She was happy though, she liked spending time alone. Plus, we still had our weekly if not more, catch-ups.

And Nathan had bought us a flat near the boys, but for us so that we were away from the old house. I'd begged him to let me pay at least some of the flat money but he wouldn't let me. He actually refused to let me. God he could be stubborn! 'Its my present to you' he'd say, but that just wound me up.

''It's good to see you so happy again, Nath.'' I heard Tom say to Nathan from down the hall.

''Yeah, I hated seeing you so sad back in America.'' Max sighed, adding onto what Tom was saying.

''I feel a lot happier, and its Kayla that's done I for me. I'm a lucky guy!'' He exclaimed.

''Here we go though lads, he might be happier but he's also soppier.'' Jay announced. All the lads burst out laughing as they entered the flat. Each one of them made themselves at home by flopping down on the sofa's and switching on the TV.

''Hey babe, good day?'' Nathan asked as he jumped down next to me and pecked my lips.

''Yeah thanks, you?'' I replied and he nodded with a grin, putting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into his chest.

''You know, you lads talk so loud!'' I told them. ''I could hear you from down the hall.'' I added and they all chuckled.

''That's us!'' Max winked.

As Tom flicked through the channels, we all waited patiently to finally sit and watch something. But no, he obviously had other things in mind. 'There's nothing on' he'd wine, yet he'd just gone passed two episodes of come dine with me and a Man Vs Food!

A knock at the door sounded, which Nathan insisted on answering.

''It'll only be Seev.'' He shrugged before walking out of the living area.

''Tom, just leave a programme on!'' Jay complained and Tom rolled his eyes, leaving a police chase thing on.

''Preferably not this.'' Jay added and I laughed to myself out loud.

''Fucken hell bird, you pick then!'' Tom tantrum-ed, chucking the remote at Jay. And I mean, he literally threw the remote at him.

About five minutes passed after Jay had finally picked something to watch. And then Nathan walked into the room looking worried. He didn't sit down, instead he stood my he door frame waiting to get the others attention.

''Can I speak to you outside, lads?'' Nathan asked shyly.

Max, Tom and Jay looked at each other weirdly before standing up hesitantly and following Nathan out of the room. I quietly got up and walked towards the living room door. But as I pressed my ear against it, I heard the front door to the flat shut.

I frowned and went to sit back down.

What was so important? And why did Nathan look so worried? Had management done something? His family?

Ah, who knows!

I was getting bored of waiting for them to come back, so I went to make myself a cup of tea. As the kettle boiled, I heard the front door opening.

''Kayla?'' Nathan's voice called through the flat.

''In the kitchen.'' I replied.

And soon enough he had entered, getting himself a cup out and placing a tea bag inside it.

''You can make us both one.'' He stuck his tongue out and I couldn't help but chuckle a little at him.

I poured the hot water into both of the mugs before taking out a teaspoon to put in the sugar.

''So what've you done today?'' Nathan asked coolly.

''Just planned shoots and stuff,'' I shrugged, ''You?''

''Done some recording, can't wait for you to hear it!'' He grinned excitedly and I smiled.

It always made me smile when Nathan talked about his job. He was so proud and I was too, of him and the lads. They'd come so far and done so well.

''Who was at the door?'' I asked him.

''Siva,'' he simply replied. ''What was he saying?'' I questioned, wondering whether he'd tell the truth or not. ''Something about the band.'' Nathan rushed.

How did I know that was a lie?

*

I smiled as she opened the door and welcomed me with a hug. I'd missed her this week, a lot more than usual. I just wanted someone to talk to. Someone that wasn't male or as close with them as me.

"What's happened?" Charlie asked soothingly.

"He's keeping something from me and I want to know what it is!" I told her. ''Siva came round and told him something, he talked to all the boys and then said it was 'just something to do with the band' I mean, I'm not stupid!'' I ranted.

''I'm sure whatever it is he's keeping it from you for a reason. If he is lying that is!'' Charlie reassured. ''He'll only be doing it to keep you from worrying,'' she added, ''so lets go and eat ice cream!''

*

''Can't you just trust me?'' Nathan moaned, rolling his eyes. 

I sighed. I wanted to trust him. But the way he rushed his words and panicked when I asked him about it made it clear something was up.

''If its something to do with the band, why can't you tell me? You usually do.'' I shrugged and Nathan shook his head. 

''I just can't, Kayla. Will you just leave it?'' He raised his voice, anger present in his facial expression. 

''I just don't like secrets.'' I whispered.

''I don't like keeping it but for now, just trust me. It's for the better if you don't know anyway. I wish I didn't.'' Nathan mumbled before walking off to the bedroom.

*Heyyyy!

Hope you like this part :)

Sorry this partisnt too good :/

What do you think Nathan's keeping from Kayla? Or do you think it is something to do with the band?

hahahaha, I love doing this ;)

Thank you for reading and stuff

Please vote and comment with what you think :D

Love Lizzie. x*