Part 3-''You know? You're quite attractive.''

Kayla Pov-

Without checking to see who was calling, I answered the phone. ''Hello?'' There was a slight pause but they soon spoke. ''Kayla!'' I rolled my eyes as I heard his voice. ''Please don't hang up, just hear what I have to say!'' He quickly added.

''There's nothing for you to say, Jake. Don't you understand?'' I questioned, but carried on speaking before he could answer. ''You were kissing another girl, crammed into a locker, how can you even start to explain that?'' I spat, letting the tears fall. ''I-i can't.'' He stuttered. 

''Exactly, so just leave me alone.'' I told him. ''I love you Kayles!'' He shouted. ''You have a funny way of showing it.'' I snapped. ''It's over, Jake. Just move on.'' I sighed before hanging up the phone. I threw it into the corner of the room, hearing it smack against the wall I knew it had smashed to pieces.

Great.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and let myself cry into them. I felt alone, my mum didn't care about me. My dad wasn't hear to make me feel better, he left us. I had no brothers nor sisters to turn to. All I had was me, myself and I. 

I suppose I had Charlie but she was babysitting her little sister tonight, and all she would think of anyway is to find someone else. And I suppose I should but not right now, it didn't feel right and I just didn't know what to do with myself. 

''Kayla? Are you okay?!'' I heard Nathan's frantic voice and him running up the stairs. I lift me head up from my knees and saw him panting in the doorway. ''I heard a crash!'' He exclaimed before taking deep breaths to catch his breath.

''I threw my phone against the wall.'' I shrugged, attempting to wipe my eyes but more tears fell. 

Nathan noticed and rushed over to me. He sat down on my bed and pulled me close to his chest. ''Hey, don't cry, it's okay.'' He soothed, rubbing his hand up and down my back. ''He's not worth your tears, Kayla.'' He started. ''We both know you're worth so much more than him.'' He added. ''I-I just feel so alone. I have no one to talk to, my mum doesn't care, I have no sisters or brothers and nobody cares.'' I cried harder and let the tears fall onto Nathan's shirt. 

''I care, I'm here. You can talk to me anytime, about anything!'' Nathan reassured me and I smiled up at him before shaking my head. ''You don't care, you just feel like you have to say that.'' I sighed again, before pushing myself away from him. ''Listen.'' Nathan took my hand and I stared at our entwined fingers. Shivers shot down my spine at his touch so lightly.

''I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. I'm here for you.'' He whispered. I looked up into his green eyes and I felt myself smiling, and genuinely meaning it. I studied his face and saw just how good-looking he was, no wonder he had thousands of girls after him! 

And he picked my mum because?

''You know? You're quite attractive.'' I said, dreamily. I soon came to terms with reality as I saw the smirk on his face and slapped my hand over my mouth. 

''You know?'' He said. ''You're quite beautiful.'' He grinned, before standing up. 

''Now start getting ready, I'm gonna take you out to forget about this idiot, I'll invite the boys!'' Nathan announced and walked out before I had chance to object.

*

''You look hawt gurl.'' I heard Jay's fail of an American accent fill the air and I saw him walking over to where me, Nathan, Tom and Max stood. ''Siva isn't coming tonight, he's with Nareesha.'' Jay shrugged and Nathan nodded. 

''Let's go in then!'' He announced and I smiled, determined to enjoy myself. 

''Right, we're starting with shots because I wanna get absolutely bladdered!'' Tom exclaimed, walking over to the bar. Whereas me and the others sat down in a booth to wait for him.