Part 25- ''you better tell me the deets!''

Kayla Pov-

''Wow!'' Both me and Nathan jumped apart to be met with his sister, Jess's smirk. ''I'm guessing you two are together then?'' She asked. I laughed un-easily but Nathan took my hand in his. 

''We are, finally,'' he whispered and I smiled to myself.

''I'd say you were making me cringe with what you just said but that was so effing cute!'' Jess squealed.

''Kayla? Oh it's so good to see you!'' Nathan's mum announced as she entered the hall way. She came straight over and wrapped her arms around me.

''It's good to see you too, Mrs Sykes, and you Jess!'' I told them both but Nathan's mum shook her head. 

''Please call me Karen!'' She chuckled and I nodded. ''So what brings you here?'' Karen asked me. I looked at Nathan and then back to her, and thank fully, Nathan butted in.

''She needed to speak to me about something.'' Nathan shrugged and Karen nodded. '''I'm glad to hear you're finally together,'' she winked before indicating to the living room. 

*

''Are you sad to have left?'' I asked him as we drove down the motorway and away from Gloucester. Nathan shook his head and smiled at me as I drove.

''No, I'll see her soon,'' he shrugged, ''besides, I have you to focus on now,'' Softly, he rest his hand on my thigh and made circle movements on it. ''But I want to do things properly still!'' Nathan announced, pulling his hand away and throwing both of them up in the air dramatically.

''Careful!'' I exclaimed as both of his hands hit the top of my car.

Nathan shyly lowered them as a blush rose in his cheeks. ''Sorry.'' He chuckled and I smiled, still focused on the road.

''Would you want to go on a date then? You know like a proper one?'' Nathan asked and I looked over it him. ''I'd love to.'' I replied and he grinned. 

''Sorted then! We will go out tomorrow night!'' He stated and I nodded.

All the way home from that point, me and Nathan sang along to the radio; him celebrating when his own song came on. He made me smile and that's all that mattered I guess.

''I'm so glad we're home!'' Nathan said, stretching out his body as he got out of the car.

''We've been gone for two days?'' I questioned and he just shrugged in reply.

After he grabbed his bags from the boot, I locked the car and we made our way up to the house. ''Kayla? Can I ask you something?'' Nathan asked un-easily. I nodded, wanting to say something like 'you just did', but I could tell he was feeling nervous.

''Can we move out of here?'' He blurted.

''I mean, I know its where you grew up and stuff but this house brings back so many horrible memories and I hate it. Every time I walk up to it I feel like your mum is going to pop up again and I don't wanna feel like that. I want somewhere we can start again, a fresh start for us both, you know?'' He wet on. And the more he said, the more it did make sense in my mind really.

''Course we can, but where?'' I replied and he breathed out slowly, as if he'd been holding his breath.

''The boys all have those big flats, why don't we get one? That was we can be near them but also we can be together.'' He smiled and I nodded.

''Sounds good!''

*

''How come you're nervous then?'' Charlie asked after interrogating me all afternoon about Nathan.