Part 18- ''Are you gonna tell me how you really feel?''

Kayla Pov-

''Guuurrrlll! You look fine!'' Charlie exclaimed in her best attempt at an American accent. Shaking my head, I laughed at her. 

''Are you sure?'' I checked. I looked in the mirror in front of me and studied my reflection. 

''Am I sure? That dress looks perfect on you, Kayla!'' She smiled. I returned the smile and closed the curtain to change back into my other clothes. ''Do we need anything else?'' Charlie asked from behind the curtain. 

''I don't think so, we've got heels and everything else.'' I replied, pulling up my jeans. ''But why the hell did we leave dress shopping until the day of the party?'' I sighed. 

''We're lazy.'' Charlie simply stated and I had to agree. We were very lazy!

I grabbed the dress before leaving the changing room and walking towards the till with Charlie. As I placed it down, the cashier smiled at me. 

''Are you not going to find it awkward being at your mum and Nathan's engagement party?'' Charlie asked, a hint of hesitation in her voice. 

''I don't know really, I don't even know why I'm going.'' I sighed, handing over money to the cashier. ''Don't say that Kayla, you should be there! But I know it'll be hard for you.'' She sympathetically smiled. 

''You love him, don't you?'' She nodded. 

''Yeah.'' I answered, finally admitting it to someone. I'd barely admitted it to myself. 

''Thank you for shopping here, and I hope you cheer up soon.'' The girl behind the till said. I smiled at her before me and Charlie walked away. 

''I don't want her to marry him.'' I told Charlie and she nodded.

''I know you don't,'' She sighed. ''You need to speak to him.''

''It won't change anything.'' I shrugged. 

''But Kayla, you've broken off something that could be amazing! You and Nathan are so right together because when you're together, you're never unhappy. So you need to speak to him!'' She ordered. ''You can't put yourself through so much pain,'' she added.

''I'm supposed to be dating Jay though, so me and Nathan couldn't be together even if we wanted to.'' I shrugged. ''I'll be okay, I'll just leave it.'' 

But we both weren't convinced.

*

''Kayla! Long time no see!'' Tom exclaimed as he opened the front door. He pulled me into his arms and held me tightly. 

''Tom, I can't breath!'' I spat out between breaths. Tom chuckled and let me go. ''Sorry,'' he admitted, turning a crimson colour. I smiled and then remembered Charlie behind me.

''Tom, I'd like you to meet Charlie, my best friend!'' I announced, pulling Charlie forward so that Tom could see her. He instantly grinned as he saw her, him being the nicest guy in the world!

''I'm Tom.'' He told her, introducing himself politely. ''And this here is Kelsey, my girlfriend.'' He added, pulling a pretty blond from next to him closer. 

''It's so good to finally meet you, Kayla!'' She beamed, pulling me into a similar strength hug as Tom. I laughed as we broke apart. ''Him and the boys always talk about you!'' She told me. ''But in a good way,'' she laughed.

''Your mum and Nathan aren't here yet, she wanted it to be a surprise party.'' Kelsey rolled her eyes. ''I had to spend hours of my weekends with her just to plan this stupid thing so that it looked like a surprise to the press!'' She groaned. ''No offence, but I don't like her,'' she shrugged.