Part 9- ''Kayla? Hurry up, I need a piss!''

Kayla Pov-

Light from the cracks in the curtains blinded me as my eyes began to open. I squinted to adjust my vision and looked around. Still sat with my back against the wall; still in the clothes from yesterday; still in that same ball position.

Standing up, I felt like I was going to faint. I steadied my balance and made my way to the bathroom. 

Looking in the mirror, I noticed makeup all over my face, my hair messy and I looked awful. She was right, I am ugly. And I was worthless.

Nobody wanted me.

That's why my dad left. 

Nathan doesn't like me, maybe he just felt lonely when my mum was away. 

Sighing, I turned on the shower, wanting to forget everything and close my eyes. I waited until it was warm enough and took of my clothes, throwing them into the washing basket. I stepped into the shower and felt the water run down my body, instantly warming me.

I don't know why but most people seem to think about everything in the shower but not me. I seem to forget about the world, and it's me time. Not in a weird way, but I feel happier and relaxed. It makes me forget about any problems that I have, and I liked that feeling.

But I knew as soon as I stepped out of here, my worries would be back. I knew I'd have to face up to my mum, tell Nathan or leave. It was just deciding which one to do. 

 ''Kayla? Hurry up, I need a piss!'' I heard Nathan's voice groan from outside the bathroom. 

I rolled my eyes and switched off the shower, luckily being done. I wrapped my towel around me and let me wet hair flow down my back. My skin glistened against the light and I smiled as I opened the door.

His face looked shocked as he stared at me. 

''Hello?'' I called, waving my hand in front of his face.

''I erm, I need to pee.'' He rushed, before squeezing past me.

*

As I packed my bags to stay with Charlie for the next few months whilst my mum was away, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. 

''Come in.'' I sighed, knowing it was either Nathan, or well, Nathan.

''Where are you going?'' He gasped as he saw the bags. ''Charlie's.'' I shrugged. He stepped forward and shook his head. ''Why aren't you staying with me?'' He asked, reaching out and grabbing my hand.

I stared at our hands together, my heart racing as my mum sprung to mind. I quickly pulled away and shook my head as I looked at him. 

''I just have to go.'' I rushed. ''Why?'' He urged and I rolled my eyes. ''I just do, it'll be better.'' I told him, but I knew he wasn't taking it. ''You're staying with me.'' He demanded.

Nathan grabbed the bags and carried them out of the room. I followed him but he'd already thrown the clothes out of them. ''What the fuck are you doing?'' I screamed at him, grabbing some clothes from the floor. ''Tell me why you suddenly want to leave!'' He demanded.

''It's nothing to do with you! You're not the boss of me!'' I shouted at him. ''I'm in charge whilst your mums away!'' He pointed out. ''She's the whole fucking reason I'm going!'' I mumbled, covering my mouth with my hand once I knew he'd heard me. ''What has she said to you?'' 

Nathan's voice was clam. But from the scrunching up of his fists, I knew he was far from it! 

''N-nothing.'' I stuttered. ''Tell me the truth, Kayla.'' He ordered, but all I could do was burst into tears. Nathan rushed to my side, cuddling me into his chest. I smiled as I could smell his familiar scent, and could feel his warmth. But then frowned as I knew it wasn't mine to enjoy.

And he won't ever be mine, will he?

''Kayla?'' Nathan whispered, pulling out of the hug to look down at me. ''Lets talk about it over a brew, c'mon.'' He smiled, pulling me by my hand downstairs. ''What about this-''

''We'll sort it later.'' He winked and I chuckled as we made our way downstairs.

About five minutes past as I sat on the sofa, staring into space whilst Nathan made us both a cup of tea. I smiled as I saw him carrying the cups, concentrating on not spilling them. I wanted to laugh at the face he pulled when he concentrated; he'd stick his tongue out slightly and pull his eyebrows tightly together.

''Whats happened?'' He repeated his question from earlier as he sat down opposite me on the couch. ''She saw the article from when we were on the park. And she didn't like it.'' I shrugged. ''She said it wasn't your fault, and that it was mine. She called me things, and I believed her.'' I wiped my eyes and looked down from his gaze. But I could still feel it on me.

''What did she call you?'' He questioned. ''Ugly, worthless. Stuff like that.'' I sighed. ''She told me you'd never love me, that nobody would. That I was the reason my dad left, that I was a mistake.'' I added. ''But after your mum and sister left, she did it again, but worse. She slapped me and left me believing every word she'd said.'' I explained.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and Nathan was straight next to me, letting me cry into him. He rubbed my back in comfort and kissed my head softly, and occasionally.

''I'm scared of her, Nath. That's why I have to leave.'' I finished. ''No, you're not leaving. I'll never let her hurt you.'' He said. ''I promise you!'' He added. ''You're staying where I can keep an eye on you, and where I can be with you.'' He smiled.

I looked up at him, and hesitantly leaned in. He kissed back, before resting his forehead against mine.  ''Never believe the things she said, Kayla.'' He nodded. 

''You're beautiful, and you are definitely loved, by me.'' Nathan grinned and I smiled, kissing him again. 

''Nathy? I forgot my purse-''

*ooooooooooo WHATS GONNA HAPPEN?!?!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated, but I've been busy and had a little writers block, sorrryyy:)

But I hope you like this part!

And the cliff hanger;)

So please leave a comment with what you thought!:')

I love reading them all!

Please vote and fan me too, I appreciate it muchly!

Thanks for reading guys!

Lots of love,

Lizzie. x*