10. Eagle and the Hospital

Hermione quickly made her way back to the Hospital wing and saw Blaise there talking to a now awake Draco. She was surprised to see him awake. She was also extremely happy that she could now talk to him. She wiped away her tears of joy when she saw Draco smiling at her. He looked awfully tired and pale.

She ran to his side and was about to hug him tight and then she realised he had broken ribs. She instead smiled widely and leaned in closing the gap between them. She kissed him passionately and emptied her heart's contents in that one kiss. Blaise who was present there, was grinning and had turned his face away to give them some privacy.

Draco smiled against their lips. They soon broke apart knowing that Blaise was still present. Hermione slightly smacked Draco on his arm and said, "You idiot. Why did you have to show off? I know you are the most amazing seeker. What exactly happened? Tell me everything." She said angry and at the same time worried.

"I didn't do anything new. I have always practiced the way I did today. But there was this annoyingly big eagle. It came in my way and started chewing my gorgeous face that you love. I tried to shoo it away but it won't budge. And after that I don't know how, but I feel my broom was being jinxed just like Harry in our first year. I couldn't balance and I fell off my broom. I shouted your name but you were deep in thought about my hunk body." Draco said smirking. Hermione blushed beet red. "It's okay love to think about us. But anyway, where did that eagle come from? And why me?" Draco asked more to himself than Hermione.

"An eagle? Is it an unregistered animagus spying over us?" Hermione thought back. "We must let professor McGonagall know about this! Blaise can you just go and call our headmistress over here? You too come back with her. You are Draco's best friend so you must know about everything. Please. Go quickly and till that time, someone here needs a big lecture." She said eyeing Draco with a frown while Draco made a cute pout. Blaise laughed and rushed to bring professor McGonagall. Hermione drew the curtains and placed a muflilato charm so no one can hear them.

"Hi love." Draco said giving her a wry smile which was full of Pain and discomfort. Hermione's eyes started tearing. She sat down on the chair beside his bed and started crying. Draco moved his left hand to pat Hermione's cheek and caressed it lovingly. She touched his hand on her cheek and just melted to his touch. This was what she wanted all her life. Just Draco and nothing else.

He hushed her by saying, " It's okay love. I am here. I am fine. When you are with me, nothing can happen to me. I am here for you. I love too much to leave you. I am not going anywhere." his voice was ever so soft and loving. He just knew what was running in her mind. He knew how to calm her down. She looked up to him, and saw that even his eyes had teared up even he had tear stained cheeks.

"Don't cry Drake. I am sooo sorry I made you cry. I am so stupid. I am sorry, don't cry. It hurts badly when I see you cry. I shouldn't be the reason for your tears but just your heart warming laugh. I am sorry." She said wiping away her tears. She wiped his tear stained cheeks with her warm and soft hands and kissed his cheeks.

He leaned into her touch as she had a few moments ago. He then wiped away her tears which never ceased to fall even after she had wiped them away. He pulled her softly towards him and kissed her gently on her lips when he heard footsteps. After pulling back, she fixed herself and opened the curtains to allow the visitors in.

She smiled when she saw the headmistress and Blaise who was panting hard. They went near his bed and Draco gave a small smile to Professor McGonagall. The smile was returned. Draco then explained everything to her. Professor McGonagall had a straight face after listening to everything.