27. Bonding with Aunt

They all had dinner together like a big happy family. All confusions were cleared. All knots were untangled.

Everyone thanked the house elves for the delicacies served by them. They all had their fair share of deserts. Together all of them went to the living room and sat down for light talking. After a few minutes, the Grangers took leave after hugging Hermione and Draco. They knew about everything because Aria had told them beforehand.

Now it was only the Malfoy family, Hermione and Stefano. Draco brought up the topic of the antidote and told Stefano that Charlie dealt with dragons in Romania so he could go there and help him with it.

Stefano didn't know how they knew about the antidote but then Lucius clarified that Dolohov had told them. Aria assured them that Dolohov had rescued his family from the quaters. Stefano would be leaving for Romania the next day once Charlie knew about it.

It was decided that Aria would be staying at the Manor and Stefano would also move in much to Aria's delight. Hermione was happy for the couple. Everyone deserved their share of happiness and the feeling of being loved.

All of them then quickly retreated to their own rooms. Hermione wanted to write letters to all their friends. So much had happened in just a day. That sure was one hell of a day. It was an extremely long and tiring day.

Draco agreed upon this and grabbed a chair beside Hermione on the desk. She started writing a letter without any addressee. After writing almost a foot long letter explaining everything, she waved her wand and the letter duplicated itself a couple of times.

Then Draco wrote the names for various letters starting with Harry and Blaise along with their partners. One letter for each couple. Harry-Ginny, Blaise-Luna, Ron-Pansy, Theo-Daphne, one for George and the other Weasleys and one for Neville. Draco decided to write a short letter to Charlie informing him about Stefano. All these letters were supposed to be owled the next morning to its respective recipients.

Hermione was dead tired but she wanted to take a bath. Draco didn't want to take a bath. He just wanted to sleep but Hermione needed him and he will do anything for her. They both took a bath and changed into their pyjamas. Draco helped Hermione with her needs and then they both finally went to bed. Draco had his arms wrapped around the love of his life. He was proud to have her.

"Draco, thank you." She said. " What for?" Draco asked.

"You help me with everything I want. I don't know how exactly should I thank you for that." She said and her eyes welled up. She couldn't express herself clearly.

She was always independent. Sometimes, her helplessness haunted her and she couldn't do anything about it. She didn't have the slightest idea what her condition would be without Draco by her side.

"No need to thank me darling. I love you and will do anything to keep you happy. You are my only priority in life. In fact, I should thank you. If it wasn't for you, my family wouldn't have been complete. I am sorry that you have to suffer for all of this eventhough it wasn't supposed to be you. I am sorry." Draco said and kissed her forehead lovingly.

"Stop apologising Draco. It's not your fault. Try to see the positive aspects of everything that happens to us. There is always a bigger motive behind all the events which might not be evident to us in the current situations but eventually, things will unfold and you will be able to see the benefits that it will bring to you." She said and kissed him full on the lips. He kissed her back with renewed force and passion. All his emotions being poured into one kiss. She had her hands in his blonde hair.