11. Meetings

Saturday

Draco and Hermione dressed themselves in the best possible clothes. After all, they were going to meet their future in laws. Both of them were equally nervous. Draco had nothing to fear in reality but Hermione had valid reason. She was going to meet her in laws, one of the oldest pureblood families, and also the darkest one could say. THE MALFOY FAMILY. She was stressed. She kept biting her lip. Draco knew about her habit but he just let it pass. They both hugged and kissed each other before leaving their common room. They made their way to the Head Mistress' office.

"All set? Ready to go?" Professor McGonagall asked the couple with a smile.

"Yes professor. All set." Draco replied and wrapped his arm around Hermione's shoulders. She sighed and leaned into him giving the old witch a tired smile. Professor McGonagall smiled with an assuring nod. Hermione nodded back and stood up straighter. She summoned the old war Hermione who was brave and could face any situation. Draco smiled and grabbed her hand. She squeezed it gently signalling him that she was fine.

They both went into the fireplace and dropped the floo powder saying 'Diagon Alley'. Green flames engulfed them and they both found themselves in a very know Alley. They made their way to the new restaurant which was decided to be the meeting place of the Grangers and the Malfoys.

Upon entering the restaurant, the lady at the counter asked politely, "Do you have a table reserved sir?"

"Yes, under the name of Malfoy." Draco answered the lady with a professional smile.

"Very well sir and madam. This way please." She said and showed them the way to the table. Draco had his arms wrapped around Hermione's small back. He was standing tall and confident. Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy were already seated around the table.

Narcissa was wearing a beautiful yellow gown with red flowers embroidered on it. Lucius was wearing a grey suit. His hair was tied back. They both stood up to see their son and his girlfriend come near to the table. Narcissa was smiling widely and even a small tear escaped her eyes. She quickly wiped it off when her husband rubbed her back in a comforting manner.

"Mum, Dad!" Draco greeted his parents enthusiastically and hugged them both.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. I am Hermione, Hermione Granger. Pleasure to meet you." She said and looked as though she was as kid who had by hearted introductory line. The Malfoys laughed.

"No need for formalities dear." Narcissa said. "Just Lucius and Narcissa. Pleasure to meet you to Hermione." Lucius added with a small smile. Narcissa pulled Hermione in for a tight hug. Draco was just smiling at Hermione's reactions. She looked completely gobsmacked and lost. She never imagined LUCIUS MALFOY 'smiling' at her. Never in a lifetime. And she had never imagined Narcissa pulling her into a tight motherly embrace. It took a moment for Hermione to react after Draco nodded in her direction twice with a reassuring smile pasted on his face. She sighed and hugged back as tightly as possible and just relishing the moment, this was because Narcissa hadn't loosened her grip on Hermione even when it took a few moments for her to react.

Narcissa was well aware how odd it was for Hermione to be hugged so tightly by her. She had craved for a daughter all her lifetime. Soon she would be having Hermione as a daughter and not daughter-in-law. This caused a few tears to roll down her cheeks.