14. A Colourful Engagement

After an hour or so of dancing and sharing occasional kisses, Draco went towards the food corner for getting some drinks. This was just a show. Hermione was just slow dancing with Harry and Ginny was resting. Suddenly all the lights went of and Harry left Hermione all by herself on the dance floor. There was bit of chaos before the spot light was on Hermione. She was surprised and she couldn't see anywhere because of the complete darkness.

Then she felt a tug on her arm pulling her towards the center of the Great Hall. She saw that it was a cute little first year girl. She let the girl pull her but she was bubbling with curiosity. The girl stopped and went away. All of sudden, there was dim light everywhere. Just enough to see where she was and who was standing in front of her. It was Blaise and Luna.

"What's up Blaise? Why are you standing like this?" She asked. Blaise just grinned and took out two red roses from his pocket. He handed one to Luna and kept the other to himself.

"You are the Blood of his body, without which he is nothing but a lifeless and pale being. Never leave his life. Never" They both said in unison. It was rehearsed thoroughly but it was genuinely pure. There was no chance Hermione could doubt the sincerity in their voice. They handed her the two beautiful red roses. She took them hesitantly.

"What are you guys talking about?" She asked baffled. They just walked away without answering her question which left her more than just confused. Next in the line were Ron and Pansy holding two orange roses, one each.

"You are the Sun to his Earth. You are the sunlight which helps him grow everyday just like the plants need the sunlight on Earth. Always be the dawn in his life and never the dusk." Ron And Pansy said in unison just like Blaise and Luna. They both handed her the roses and walked away. Hermione now had a rough idea about this but she didn't let it show on her face. She knew that it was Draco behind all this. She was overwhelmed and tears pricked the back of her eyes. She composed herself and smiled.

Next were Neville and Hannah with blue roses.
"You are the life saving pitcher of water to his thirsty soul. Just like nobody can survive without water, he just cannot live without you. Never leave his life or he would be barren." They smiled and handed the roses to her. Neville gave her a small pat on her arm with a wide smile.

Next and possibly the last in the line were Harry and Ginny. Ginny looked like she was about to burst into giggles and cries at the same time. Harry subtly wiped his eyes from under his specs. 'He might have teared up a bit.' Hermione thought. Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry in an attempt to calm him down. He visibly relaxed. He sighed and smiled at his best friend-&-sister.

"Hermione, you are the light to his dark soul. You are a lighhouse to his lost ship. You evidently lightened up his life. You are the oxygen he needs. Never leave him. NEVER!" Harry and Ginny said as they handed the white roses to her which were bigger than the others. Ginny hugged her and then Harry hugged Hermione tighter than Ginny. Hermione hugged him back when tears blurred her vision. She finally caught a glimpse of Draco kneeled on his left knee. He was holding up a silver rose. He was smiling at her.

"Hermione, before you interrogate me, let me completely state myself as my knee is hurting badly."Draco said and everyone in the hall laughed at his statement including Hermione. She wiped her tears and was now grinning widely holding the bunch of roses in her right hand. Ginny came forward and gently took the roses from her hand in order to keep both her hands free. Hermione smiled at her for her sweet gesture. Draco now had the undivided attention of everyone inclusive of the love of his life.