Chapter 17

"I want to go to a Shakespeare play. Not just any Shakespeare play. Romeo and Juliet." she says.

"Okay!" says the Doctor, starting the TARDIS. "We should be there in... about a day."

He sets the destination point in the TARDIS and walks over to us. He kneels down to reach Juliet's height and says "How would you like to have a family game night?"

"I would enjoy that very much, Daddy."

"What game would you like to play?"

"Gallifreyian Dice."

"Okay." says the Doctor. He grabs a pair of dice with 36 sides. "First person to 10,000 wins."

After we play the game, which Juliet won, we get ready to sleep. I take Juliet down to the closet.

"Mummy? May I pick my own clothing?" she asks.

"Of course you can, Juliet."

She runs over to the clothing racks and a ducks under the adult clothing. I look under and discover children's clothing. Only a small rack of them, as if he knew they wouldn't be often worn.

She chooses a brownish wool coat, a blue t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes. She walks back out and says "Mummy? I'm tired. I want to go to bed."

"Okay. Let's go upstairs and you can sleep in your new bed!"

"Okay, Mummy."

As we walk up the stairs, she whispers to me "Don't tell Daddy this, but I want to go to Hogwarts. I was wondering if you and Daddy could be teachers. Daddy could teach astronomy and you can teach Defense Against the Dark Arts... I hope it's not too much to ask.. I'll be 11 tomorrow. I can feel it. I'm growning quickly, mum. I'll stop growing when I reach 11."

"We can do that, sweetheart. Do you still want to go to the Shakespeare play?"

"No, mum. I want to go to Hogwarts."

"I'll change the destination point in the TARDIS. I think Hogwarts will be a great learning experience and a great family experience. We'll be in Diagon Alley in the morning. But I wouldn't tell your father until we get there. He doesn't know it exists yet."

"Yes, Mummy. I'll be off to bed now. See you in the morning!"

I walk to the control room and change the destination point and climb into bed next to the Doctor. Juliet quickly climbs in beside me.