Chapter 11

Is it possible? Is it even remotely possible that he loves me? Or does he think of me as a younger sibling or a school student. What do I do if he does like me?

"Oh Garfield... what do I do?"

"Surprise him." he replies.

I stare in disbelief. Not only did Rose get me a cat but a talking one?!?

"How?"

"Kiss him. Unexpectedly. The Doctor likes that. He'll fall for you if he hasn't already."

I lay on my bed and Garfield curls up beside me. "Ana?" he says.

"Yeah, Garfield?"

"I can haz cheezburger?" I laugh and make one I hand it to him and he eats it like cat food.

I get up. "We've landed." I say. I sniff the air. "1790s I suppose."

I walk out into the control room of the TARDIS. The Doctor rushes around frantically. "Oh. Hi Ana! Oh dear oh dear..."

"What is it, Doctor?"

"Something malfunctioned while we were traveling through the time vortex. We went off course and landed in the late 1790s. I set the time for present time. Augh! And now we've got no power. We're stuck here for a while." he pounds on the machine. "Well lets see whats going on here, eh?"

I kind of like this. Being stranded with the Doctor. I take his arm in my hand and we walk out the door. The sun shines bright in my eyes, but the air is bitterly cold. "New Year's Eve, 1799-1800." I state.

Four hearts that beat the same.

We're in the center of London. It's about 14:00. Temperature is.. Most definitely below freezing. My eyes dart left and right quickly. My dad's gift.

Man walking towards me: 2 children. He's wealthier than the common folk. Has enough to feed the family. Never goes to sleep hungry. Not too intelligent. No. Definitely not intelligent. 

Man on my right that's walking towards the Doctor... Thin.. Time traveller..Old friend of the Doctor's..

"Captain Jack Harkness." the Doctor says. "Never thought I'd see you again."

"Doctor. Rode the TARDIS here. I was trapped in that parallel world."

"You made us crash."

"Yeah.. sorry 'bout that."

Jack turns to look at me. "Hello and who do we have here?"

"Oh save it for your pillow!" the Doctor snaps.

"I just said Hello!"

"For you thats enough."

The last two of the Timelords.

"Oi. I'm getting hungry." says Jack. "Can we grab something to eat?"

The Doctor sighs before giving in. "Fine. But just something small."

"I'll go for some chips." says Jack, running off.

"I could go for a banana." I say.

"We could split it." suggests the Doctor.

"I guess that would make a banana split, eh Doctor?" I say.

We sit down at a small wooden picnic table. I conjure up a banana split. I know. I know. Completely mental isn't it? Having ice cream in the middle of winter?

"I'll take the banana." says the Doctor. I make the icecream disappear.

I conjure up another banana for myself. Captain Jack sits across from us. "Hey! Where'd you guys get those?"

The Doctor and I look at eachother and laugh.

As soon as all of us are finished eating, I clear the table.

"So what do you want to do, Doctor?"

"Ooh! Ooh! I want to get inside where it's nice and warm and have a cup of hot cocoa!" says Jack. What a child. But we follow his suggestion anyways. We go into a small coffee shop. The Doctor and I sit on one side of the table while Jack sits on the other.

A man comes up to the table. "Miss, could I suggest you wear something a bit more.. appropriate for women? Those are men's clothes."

"Sir, as much as I love to hear your opinion, I believe the suggestion has been denied. I can wear whatever I like." and with that the man leaves.

"So what's the story behind this one?" says Jack, sipping on his hot cocoa.

"She's a Time Lord." replies the Doctor.

Jack spits out his beverage. "What?"

"It's a long story." replies the Doctor.

A tall figure walks through the door. He orders a cup of tea and then proceeds to walk over to me and dump it on my head. I dry it up quickly and grab ahold of his shirt.

"I told you that if you messed with me again that I would enhilate you. I mean what I say." I touch his skin and it turns to golden dust, the man crumbling into a pile with a coat on top of it.

I turn around, indifferent. Jack stares at me in disbelief. The Doctor grins. "That's my Ana."

Do it. Do it now. But I'm too afraid. Just do it. What'll he think? What'll he do? I can't do this. I have to. Now.

We walk out of the coffee shop and outside, where Jack leaves us and tells us that now he's in the right universe that he can go back to present time.

As we walk back to the TARDIS, I am overcome with emotions and thoughts. The Doctor pins me against the wall of the TARDIS. He bends down a little and his lips touch mine with passion. I get my hands tangled in his beautiful brown hair. I get butterflies in my stomach. "I love you, Ana."

"I love you too, Doctor."