Chapter 1

I wake up I dunno how much later to my little twin brother and sister fighting over a video game. My head still hurts a little. I walk down the hallway past their room. My sister screams "Mum! She's awake!"

How long was I asleep?!

My mum rushes in, looking at me in surprise.

"5 months. Exactly 5 months you've been asleep, acquiring power. Does your head still hurt?"

"A bit, yeah." 5 months? There's no way I could have been out that long!

"By the book's calculations.. You're a genius. An absolute genius.. But you.. you shouldn't exist..."

There's a loud bang in the other room, and I rush in to see the problem. There are 15 agents in suit and tie. They're armed. With guns. I cower in fear and they knock me out with a frying pan.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I wake up in a cell. A prison cell.. But there's no handcuffs on my wrists, no. Giant, metal, oval things. Blockers... Power blockers... I can't do any magic or whatnot... I'm tied to a board in the corner of the cell.. most likely so they can make room for others.. But why? I haven't done anything wrong.

"Ariana Holmes." says someone, enunciating each syllable, walking down the hallway to my cell, their heels clicking with each step, when they come to a halt at my cell.

"That's not my name. It's Ariana Smith after my dad's mum."

"Nope. Ariana Holmes."

"My father was Alex Smith. Therefore, my last name is Smith."

"Not what it says here." the man says, holding out my birth certificate, which clearly says..

"Ariana Holmes..." I say.. my voice wavering. "Then.. Alex wasn't my dad.. who was..?"

"Don't you mean who is?" the man says, smirking.

"You mean he's alive?"

"Oh. Very alive."

My mum runs up to the cell and grabs ahold of the bars. "Ariana. I.. Lied to you... Your father wasn't Alex.. It's... Sherlock Holmes."