Chapter 12

Oh my god. My first kiss was in 1799. Oh my god. He actually does love me. I think I might die. What do I do? I've never had a boyfriend before. Are we dating? Why does this have to be so complicated? Oh my god. Oh my dear god.

I walk into my room, stunned. I sit down on the bed and Garfield sits next to me. "So how'd it go?"

"He..kissed me first." I say, stuttering, trying to find words to say.

"Oooh! I knew he loved you!" I realize that Garfield is not a boy, so I should probably name her something else.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"I like the name Garfield, hon. Keep it."

"Alright." I smile.

I hop up, heading towards the control room. The doctor sits there, as stunned as I am. "How long do we have until we have enough power to make it back into the Time Vortex?" I ask to break the silence.

"A little more than an hour." He replies, smiling.

I head back to my room. When I enter, I sit on the bed. I create a magic mirror, like the one in Beauty and the Beast. I tell it to show me my father.

Dad paces back and forth across the room. "December 1st, 2015. I haven't seen my daughter in two years. I'm bored to death. Watson! We need a case!" Two years... I'm 18... I put down the mirror.

"Garfield... I'm 18. I'm an adult now."

"Yeah."

I go back into the control room and the Doctor is working busily on restoring the energy. "Doctor." I say.

"Yeah, Ana?"

"How old are you exactly?"

"903." he says, putting on his signature glasses.

"Alright." Thats one hell of an age gap. I walk back to my room again, when suddenly the TARDIS shakes.

"I've got it!" the Doctor says.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Back to present time." he replies.

I go to my room and look in the closet. Sitting on the floor of the closet are two gifts. The cards attatched to the gifts say 'Happy 17th birthday. Love, Dad.' and 'Happy 18th birthday. Love, Dad.'

I open my 17th birthday present. This one is from him and my mum. Inside, it reads 'An upgraded wand for you.' This wand isn't crooked at all, its red wood, and oh it's absolutely gorgeous with engravings of a vine wrapped around it's base and up through to the tip.

I put it in one of my pockets and take out my old, crooked, sticklike wand, and set it on my bedside table. I then reach for my 18th birthday present. I open the box, and inside there is a spellbook and glasses. I open the spellbook. 

The first page reads: Ana, this gift isn't from your father. It's from me.. The Doctor..Turn to the next page.

I turn the page. It reads: Now you don't have to accept. You don't even have to continue reading this. Just pretend like you didn't open it. It's just. I've decided that.. The TARDIS.. It being you who absorbed its power... It wouldn't just let anyone do that. It chose you... And the moment I first met you.. I fell in love.. And I have an important question. Turn the Page.

I turn the page, the rest of the book is hollowed out, with a blue box in the hollowed out portion. I lift the blue box out. My hearts race. I open the box. In it is a piece of paper reading 'Will you..'.

The Doctor opens my bedroom door and gets on one knee, looking nervous as ever, holding out another blue box and opening it.

"Marry me?"