Chapter 9

I wake up later to a knock at my door. I've been asleep for 8 hours.

"Come in." I groan.

The Doctor opens the door. "Merry Christmas, Ana!" he smiles and walks in with a perfectly wrapped present. "I thought that... Well, now you're a Timelord... you could use one of these."

I unwrap the present and take the lid off.

"It's.. beautiful. Thank you." I say. In the box lays a sonic screwdriver like the doctors, but with a gold light. "I have something for you too, Doctor."

I reach under my pillow and hand him a pair of gloves.

"Thanks, Ana. My hands are always sort of cold."

"They're not just... gloves by the way."

"What are they then?"

"Put them on, Doctor."

He slides them over his hands and they fit perfectly. "Oh!"

"They're magic. Literally pure magic. You can have anything you want for one day."

He snaps his fingers and his appearance changes. He's now ginger.

"Mmm.. Maybe I don't want to be ginger." he changes back.

"At midnight, all of the changes you made will be permanent."

"I've always wanted to play piano... How about a grand piano in the main room? Yes!" he runs out of the room. I get up out of bed and get ready for the day. I slip on my shirt, my pants, shoes, coat... Where did this scarf come from?

I read the small card sitting beside it. "Merry Christmas, from Dad." It must be the same time of year 70 years in the future. "I got it for you to sort of match mine." The scarf is a beautiful cherry red.

"Thanks, Dad." I whisper and wrap it around my neck. I walk out of my room and the Doctor is rushing around the main room. I walk around him.

"Hey Ana! Nice scarf you got there. Oh! I want a..."

He continues doing this and I walk over to Rose who is watching him. "Hey Ana! Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas to you too, Rose. I got you something." I tell her to close her eyes and I put the golden head band in her hair.

"Oh Ana! It's beautiful!" she says, looking into the full length mirror.

"That's not all." I say, waiting patiently.

Suddenly her hair turns light brown and grows to the middle of her back. She gasps and jumps back.

"Any length, color, and style you want." I say smiling.

She changes it back to blonde and makes it shoulder blade length and perfect spiral curls.

"Oh thank you, Ana! I got you something too! I'll be right back!" she runs into her room and comes out carrying an orange tabby cat and hands it to me. It's just a kitten and it curls up in my arms.

"Thank you, Rose. I've always wanted a kitten. It's absolutely adorable!"

The Doctor looks at us and then at the cat. "You know I'm not a cat person." he says unsure of the kitten. The kitten jumps out of my arms and runs to the Doctor rubbing up against him, purring as if to say "You have to love me!".

The Doctor gives in and the kitten jumps into my arms. "I think I'll name you... Garfield." I smile. It looks up at me as if it were saying "That's perfect!"

I make a luxurious cat bed in my room and set him in it. I pet him. "I'll be back very soon okay?" He meows at me.

I shut the door to my room and walk back out into the main room. The Doctor is still running around the room tiredlessly.