Chapter 2

** Next Day **

I went downstairs to the kitchen. Mum was reading over some papers and dad was reading the newspaper. I kissed my father's cheek and grabbed a Toaster Strudel.

"A Princess never eats those things." Mother said. I sighed, probably a little too dramatically.

"Well, I am a princess and I'm eating them." As you can probably tell my mother and I don't have the best relationship in the world.

"Sweetheart, we are going to go to Uncle Mark's so get your things." Dad smiled to me. I nodded and grabbed my plate and went up to my room. As I passed the game room, I stopped.

"I beat you!!" Someone yelled.

"Cause you cheated!" I slowly peeked in and there stood Callum and some other boy. I rolled my eyes and turned.

"Good morning, darling." Callum said.

"Don't call me that."

"We are going to be married soon, so why not?" He smiled.

"This marriage is not by choice." He came up to me and took a bite of my toaster strudel that I was eating.

"Gross." I muttered and put it on the plate. I set the plate down on one of the tables and Callum put his hands on my waist. I tried backing away but he pushed me against a wall and pressed himself up against me.

"XAVIER!!" I yelled.

"Babe, no need to scream. Save that for the bedroom." Callum whispered in my ear. When he didn't let go I kicked him where it hurts a man the most and then ran upstairs. Okay, maybe I mis worded that. He's not a man- he's a boy.

"Princess are you alright?" Xavier asked.

"Thanks for being late. I could've been dead."

When we got to my uncle's it was noon. My uncle had four kids. A son, Logan, he was just a month older than I am and also my best friend since I couldn't go out and meet a person. A daughter, Olivia, she was thirteen. A son, Devon, who was eleven. Last but not least the baby, Marly, she was only seven.

When I got out of the car Marly and Olivia ran to me, since they were my only cousins from my mum's side we were close. I kissed their cheeks then I held their hands as I walked up to their house. Logan came down the stairs and smiled when he seen me.

He picked me up and then let me go.

"You alright? You haven't text me since yesterday morning."

"No, we have to talk later." I said. He nodded and let me go.

"Isabelle?" Devon called. I smiled and he ran to me.

"Hey, Devon."

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too. All of you." I picked Marly up after I hugged my uncle and aunt.

"Mum, Bells and I are going into town." Logan said.

"Alright, honey. Be careful." She said.

"Xavier. Charlie. Go with them." My mum said. My guards began walking towards us.

"No, back down. Logan and I are going into town. Only Logan and I. No Xavier or Charlie." I said.

"Isabelle, you will have them with you at all times."

"Mother, I do not need them. Okay?" She looked away and I took the opportunity to go before she said no.

"It got worse?" Logan asked me. I laughed and nodded. "What made it worse?"

"She's a bitch."

"Already knew that. I mean she's my aunt, but I can agree with that."

"Do you know what she did now?" I asked.

"No." We got into the ice cream parlor and Logan let me in first. "A banana split in the largest size you have." The man behind the counter nodded and began to make it.

"Aren't you the Princess?" He asked when Logan handed him the money.

"Yeah."

"Would you sign this?" He asked pulling out his phone. I looked at Logan and he held in a laugh. He handed me a sharpie and I signed it.

"Have a nice day!" I said.

"You too, Princess Isabelle."

"Lets go to the park and eat." Logan said. We made small talk until we got to the park and sat at a table. "Okay, first how's your grandma?"

"Dad's mum?" I got a spoonful of ice cream.

"Yes, the retired Queen Elizabeth the second." I rolled my eyes at him.

"She's great."

"Good." He smiled. Logan and Gram had a great relationship, even if they weren't related. "So what happened?" He asked handing me my spoon.

"She arranged a marriage for me with the minister's son."

"That Callum kid?" I nodded.

"And he is such a fucking dick. I just want to stab him in the-" Logan grabbed my hand and stopped me from making a mess with our ice cream.

"Deep breaths." He instructed and I did as he said. "Has he done anything to you?"

"No, but this morning I was walking by the game room and he stopped me. He pinned me against the wall and I screamed for Xavier. Then he cupped his hand over my mouth and told me to save the screaming for the bedroom."

"Okay, where the hell does this bastard live?" He asked. I laughed and he smiled.

"Isabelle?" I looked back and there stood Harry. I smiled and so did he. He was the first person out of my family who didn't address me with the title of Princess before my name.

"Hey, Harry." I got up and hugged him. He sat down next to me.

"Is this the man you have to marry?" He asked pointing to my cousin.

"No, this is my cousin, Logan." They shook hands.

"I was starting to worry. You didn't call." I smiled and looked down at the ice cream.

"I'm alive though." I joked. I took a bite of my ice cream and looked up at Logan who was wiggling his eyebrows. I turned to Harry and he was watching me with a smile.

"Would you like to meet me later tonight?" He asked. Am I being asked out on my very first date? Holy crap! What do I do?! Stay calm.

"I'd love to get out of that freaking prison." Yes! I didn't make a fool of myself. Harry and Logan laughed.

"I'll text you the details." I nodded and he stood up.

"See you." I smiled. He showed his beautiful white teeth and dimples as he smiled at me. I watched him as he flipped his hood up and walked with his head down. That's weird.

"Bells." Logan said. I turned back to him. "You have friends?" He was joking. Although I didn't take it that way.

"Yeah, the was actually my first friend out of my family."

"Really? Friend?" He said obviously not believing the friend part.

"Okay, I like him. He's cute and funny and not Callum. I met him last night when I ran out of dinner. We talked for a while and he gave me his jacket cause I didn't have one." Logan nodded.

"Did you tell Aunt Eleanor?"

"No, and I don't plan on it." I took a bite of my ice cream and looked up at Logan.

"Go on." He sighed. I smiled and stomped my feet and banged my hands on the table.

"I got my first date!" I yelled. Everyone turned to stare at me and Logan laughed.

We got back to the palace and I changed into skinny jeans and a long sleeved shirt. I was about to go out to meet Harry. Ecstatic was probably the word to describe how I felt right now.

As soon as we got home mum and dad went to bed, giving me the opportunity to sneak out. I locked my door and left my balcony doors open. I climbed down the house on the ladder that I had put up in the wall. I told my dad I wanted one for emergency purposes and he agreed.

I jumped down when it ended. I looked around and ran to the front gate. I opened the door and ran out of it. When I knew they couldn't see me anymore I stopped running.

I looked around when I got to town and seen Harry leaning against a bakery. I smiled and when he seen me he began walking towards me.

"Hey." He said. His curls were blowing in the wind and he smelled delicious.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded and we began walking. As we walked, to wherever it was he was taking me, we made small talk about ourselves.

"Here we are." He said. I looked out in front of me and there was a blanket with a picnic basket on a hill. "It's private so we shouldn't get bothered."

"I think you also forgot the fact that its ten at night." He blushed with embarrassment. I walked over to the blanket and sat down. "What's on the menu?" I asked sitting Indian style.

"I brought a lot cause I didn't know what you liked." I smiled as I watched him pull out everything. "Sandwiches, strawberries, apples, grapes, bananas, carrots, celery, mini pizza, and salad. For dessert I have chocolate pudding, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, cherry pie, cake-"

"Harry." I smiled. He stopped and looked up at me. He looked so adorable. I wish I had a camera to take a picture. His Adam's apple moved down then back up as he nervously gulped. "This is fine."

"What shall we eat first?" He asked nervously. Is he acting nervous around me? I actually made him nervous around me? I never knew I could do that.

An hour and a half later we ate almost everything. Harry was laying on his side and grabbing grapes while I was sitting up looking down at him. We were laughing at one of his embarrassing stories.

We got to know each other more. Harry was my age and his birthday was two months before mine. He lived in Holmes Chapel before he came to London for business. His parents are divorced and he has an older sister.

I grabbed another grape and ate it. Harry grabbed one and threw it at me. I grabbed a hand full and we began to have a grape war. When I got up and ran from him I fell down the hill and so did he. He rolled on top of me. We stopped laughing and stared into each others eyes.

He held his weight with his knees and forearms. He looked down at my lips and back up to my eyes. I have no idea what to do now. I've never been kissed! I've only seen them in movies and of course sometimes on the streets of London and stuff.

I slowly reached my hand up and pushed his curls back. He leaned down closer to me. Our noses brushed multiple times, like he was making sure I was okay with it. When I didn't move he slowly pressed his lips to mine. He stopped after a few seconds, I opened my eyes and he was watching me. I smiled and he leaned back down again and repeated his actions.

For my first kiss this was amazing. I know, I'm seventeen and just had my first kiss. Make fun of me all you want, I don't care. But his lips were soft and warm. They moved slowly against mine. I put my hands on the back of his neck. His curls blew in the wind, making me giggle when they tickled my face. He pulled away.

"Sorry." He laughed. I shook my head.

Once we got up, he cleaned up our mess. He put everything in the basket and held it in his right hand as he held my hand in his other.

We got to the front of the palace. I stopped him before we could get spotted. Cameras were everywhere and guards could be out watching. He smiled down at me.

"I had fun." I said. He smiled even bigger- he had beautiful white teeth.

"So did I. We should do it more." I nodded. He leaned down and put his hands on my hips. He brought me closer and then he kissed me. I smiled and he returned the smile.

"I'll see you later." He whispered against my lips. I nodded, speechless. He let go of me and picked up the basket. I watched as he walked away.

"Holy crap." I whispered.

--------------------------------------

Comment, vote, and tell friends about this please!! :D

Also read my other story Falling In Love With My Brother's Best Friend (Dylan O'Brien).

Follow me on Twitter: @Faded_May_Roses

Or talk to me on Kik: fadedmayroses

Love, El.