Chapter 37

I wake up at around 2 A.M. and I decided that I might as well just sneak out now. I prop myself up on my elbows and rub my eyes a bit so I can see more clearly.

My head turns and in my view is a fast asleep Penny. She's holding the pillow too, I have to take a picture of that. I look around for it and it's nowhere to be.

Huh, well that's weird..

Let me just go to his room, maybe he knows where it is. I get up and walk to my desk. I get a little sticky note and begin to write on it:

Morning <3

My dear, dear Penny the reason for my absence this morning is simply because I'm in the room next to mine as of 2:20A.M.
You should've seen how you were sleeping but unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my phone.
Cover for me in the morning or you may just wake me up instead.
Anyway, I love you.

Kind regards, Roseanne.

That ought to make her laugh! Make her morning a bit better, such a formal letter. I rip it off from the pad and stick it down on my pillow.

I walk with just my socks to my door and tried to open it as quietly as I possibly could but it still managed to make a creek.

When I hear the click after I close it I breathe out. I walk quietly to Martijn's room. I knock on the door very softly with my knuckles.

Dammit, he's not waking up.

I try quietly tapping my nails on the door. It does make some kind of sound. Finally I hear some shuffling on the other side of the door but then, everything when silent again. Dammit Martijn!

I'm just coming in anyway. I open the door, well at least he didn't lock it. I go to him quietly. I see him cuddled up with himself on the couch.

His laptop and headphones are on the side table. His one arm is underneath the pillow and the blanket he's using is up to his neck.

I don't know whether I want to wake him or not. Well, he wanted cuddles. I crouch down and start to play with his hair.

I try to tickle him a little bit. He stirs but he's still not up. I pull his blanket a bit down. I place my cold hand on his warm neck.

I started to stroke his neck, he finally awoke from his slumber. His eyes fluttered open and his pupils met mine.

"Hi. " I whispered.

"Hey. " he replied, sounding extremely tired. He propped himself up on his elbow and slowly got up.

Well Martijn didn't feel like wearing a shirt.

I stand back up and go lie down on the bed, left side. He picked up his headphones and laptop and leaves it on the table.

"I thought you said you were going to sleep ? You looked exhausted and you still do. " I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"I was going to but then, I checked my laptop," he got into bed as well and wrapped his arms around me, I feel his warmth erode me.

"My manager sent me an email. He wanted to know what set list I'm going to do for that chick's birthday. So after I thought about it and put it together and sent it to him, half an hour had went," he shifted so he was on his side and his arms are around my waist.

"Then I wanted to get some other work done and figure out how I'm going to bring certain tracks in and stuff. So, that was another half an hour gone. "

"You should get some sleep. " I said to him and played with his hair.

"What's the time ?" He asks and puts his head on my chest.

"All I know is that it's something past two in the morning, I can't find my phone. " I answer him.

"Oh, it could be in my jacket. It's probably there, you haven't taken it back and I don't recall giving it to you. " he spoke.

"Go to sleep nerd. " I snickered. He lifted his head and gave me a weird look. I decided to take the opportunity to press my lips against his and feel his gentleness.

He put his knee in between my legs and mover closer to me. He stops and hovers over me, "so you're coming with me to LA right ?" He asks. His elbows are on either side of me.

"If you really want me to then okay. " I answer and he pecks me lips, "why don't we just stay awake all night ?" He suggests.

"No because tomorrow is the funeral. " I sigh. He kisses my forehead and goes back to his previous position of cuddling me.

He gives my waist a little squeeze, "Yes ?" I ask him.

"Play with my hair. " he mumbles against me, I feel the vibration on my skin sending me tingles. I move my arm up and let hand trail up the nape of his neck till my finger tips touch his hair.

He snuggles closer to me and I let my eyelids slowly cover up my eyes. As much as I want to sleep, I can't. My mind is just wondering about everywhere.

My dad's funeral is tomorrow. Martin wants me to go with him to LA the next week. My cousin is crushing on my boyfriend. My family now knows about Martin and to add to that they found out in an awkward time.

How can I forget about my dad. I can't believe that the last time that I saw him was before I stepped on that plane to South Africa. Maybe going to LA could be a good thing after all.

I have a cousin there, I should send him a message, or call him. Whatever works. I don't know why, but I feel like something bad is going to happen.

Very soon...

A/N :

Hey! So I was thinking and should I do the funeral in this book ? Do you want the scene of her speech ? I'm not sure about it, heck, I've never even been to a funeral in my entire life.

Vote and comment PLEASE.

Thanks xx