Chapter 18

A/N : that's what Martijn is wearing tonight! Okay ? Okay. Enjoy xx.

My mom helped me pack my bags that evening. First she checked with detectives on whether it was a good idea or not. They seemed to agree.

They asked for Martijn's address and he gave it to them, there are police officers on guard over there already.

As I zipped up my last suitcase, I'm taking two because we don't know how long I'm going to have to stay there, I looked over at my mom.

"Mom... I really don't want to leave you guys. " I said, my eyes watery.

"I know honey, I know. Next week is your father's funeral. We've arranged everything. Do you want to say a speech ?" She tells me.

"Uhmm, yeah. I do actually. " I nod and think on it for a moment.

"Alright, it's settled then. You shall say a speech. Work hard on it, think. I'll be keeping in contact with you through your cellphone. You'll see us all next week Hun.. Don't be sad. You'll see your family too. They're all flying in on Monday. The funeral is Thursday. " she explains.

"Okay. Please be safe. Love you. " I hug her tight.

"You too, my baby girl. " she caresses my hair.

It's 23:45 now. Time to leave. I go downstairs carrying my two suitcases.

"Here, let me take these and I'll put them in the car. " Martijn said and takes them from me.

I stand by the door and bid a goodbye to my brother.

"Watch over mom and please be safe yourself as well. Okay Raj ? I'll see you soon. I love you big bro" I said and embraced him into a tight hold which he returned.

I joined Martijn in the car and fastened on my seatbelt.

"Ready ?" He asked, eyes fixed on the road.

"I'm ready. " I replied and off we went.

It was a ten minute drive to his house. The police officers were outside his gate and fence. There were about fifteen in total.

Martijn opened his gate with his remote controlled key and we went in. He parked the car and we both got out.

"Hello miss van Hijt. We were sent here for your protection. We already discussed where each of us are going to be placed. Two will be outside the fence. One will be around the front yard. Two will be by the front and back doors. Two will be outside the back fence. One will be on each side of the house. The other five will patrol around at all times. Is this okay with you Mr. Garritsen?" The police officer that seems to be head of this team asks him.

"Yeah. Absolutely. I was thinking of getting some of my bodyguards but it really seems like you've got this all covered. " Martijn complimented him.

"Everyday a new team will be here. There are two teams, this one and another one that will be here tomorrow. We alternate every day. " he tells.

"Alright. Thank you so much. " I say to them.

Martijn grabs a suitcase and I grab the other. He opens his door and we're in. He makes sure that he locks it when he closes it.