Chapter 3

I got to my room and put my backpack down on my chair. I take my suitcase out of the cupboard and look around for some sweats to sleep in. I lay my clothes out in my bed and I go take a shower.

Since dinner has already been served and I missed it, I have to order room service if I want to eat. I look around in my suitcase and pants pockets. I find some money. I come up with R150 (150 rand, the currency of South Africa).

I look at the menu and I decide that I have just enough money to buy myself a nice pasta dish for dinner. It costs R130 so I still have R20 left if I need it.

Me : did you reach the hotel yet ?
Martijn : yeah
Me : good. Look, I found some money in my suitcase! ( picture )
Martijn: haha, lucky! I think you should get something to eat.
Me : already one step ahead of you Martijn, I've decided I'm gonna order pasta. I'm feeling for it, and anyway, I love Italian cuisine.
Martijn : There's a good girl ;)
Me : what's your favorite cuisine?? :/
Martijn : well, it's actually Indian, and not because of you. Oh, I'm not saying that I wouldn't eat you ;)
Me : shut up x_x. Omg I cannot believe you just said that!
Martijn : alright, I'll stop. I'm gonna shower. Chat in a few Rose. Xxx
Me : don't slip Garritsen xx

I threw my phone down on the pillow next to mine. I'm sleeping on a queen bed so it is kinda roomy on here.

I pick up the phone on the nightstand and I dial room service, thankfully there's still 30 minutes before the kitchen closes.
They say that my food will be here in 20 minutes.

I killed time by switching on the tv and finding a nice movie to watch. Twilight was on so I settled on that. I love the Twilight saga. I love the ideas of a supernatural world.

Yeah, I'm pretty weird.

I hear some knocks on the door so I get up to answer. I open the door and in comes my food. The woman gives me the bill and I pay the amount due and she gives me my change. I sit on the couch and I take a look at my food.

It looks absolutely delicious. There's vegetables and there's a nice sauce as well. I picked up the fork and stirred around the pasta. It's a bit hot so I wait for it to cool down.

I start eating and I feel like I'm in heaven. I finish my food and I'm absolutely stuffed. That pasta was more than enough.

My phone starts ringing and I go to answer. I see that's it's Martin.

Me : hey
Martijn : hi, you done eating ?
Me : yeah, I finished like 5 minutes ago, hahaha.
Martijn : alright, so uhmm, I was wondering, about this hiking thing. I need the details so I know what we're doing.
Me : you were serious ??
Martijn : yes. I'm very serious. I can practically hear the smile in your voice right now.
Me : Martijn, I hope you know, I'm leaving the hotel at 5:30am.
Martijn : what the fuck! Why so early chick ?!
Me : I'm jogging to the hiking trail. I haven't got my car here and I don't have money to rent one.
Martijn : okay, how's this. I'll drive us there. I'll pick you up at 6am ?
Me : okay fine, but please don't be late. If you're late then we might not be able to complete the trail in good time. Oh, by the way, the trail is strenuous. So if you're not fit, I suggest you tell me now rather than me finding out tomorrow.
Martijn : hey! Excuse you! I am fit! Okay how's this, if I make it to the top, I get to take you somewhere.
Me : hmm, okay fine.
Martijn : everything's gone quiet, did you put the tv off ??
Me : yeah, I'm just getting into bed. I suggest we go to sleep now so that we wake up in time for the hike and we need energy so eat fruit in the morning please, no coffee.
Martijn : okay. Goodnight Roseanne van Hijt.
Me : goodnight Martijn Garritsen.

I hang up and put my phone down. I receive a message and I look at it.

Martijn : sleep tight, love. :-)

I smiled to myself and put my phone down on the nightstand next to my bed. I tucked myself in really nicely, making sure that I'm warm and comfortable.

I woke up at 4:30am from a nightmare. The sky is still dark, I lay in bed for a while before I actually get up and go to the bathroom. I pee and then wash my hands. I stand in front of the mirror staring at myself. I never liked the way I look.

I wash my face and go back to bed. My mind won't let me sleep, too many thoughts are running around. Did yesterday actually happen ? Did I actually just meet Martin Garrix and am I really going hiking with him ? Wow. Just wow.

Breakfast is served pretty early here. It starts at 5:45 am so I'm gonna head down at 5:40 am. I decide that I should pack my hiking bag. Shit! I forgot to tell Martin to carry a bag. I hope he does, I'll just carry extra in case he doesn't.

I carry rope, some snacks, energy bars, two bottles of water, gloves' two bottles of energade (an energy drink) and I carry a beanie.

I go take a shower, a cold shower though, it wakes me up more. I get out and put on some gym tights and a vest, a loose breezy short sleeved shirt and a trail jacket. It's quite cold in the morning, around 11 degrees Celsius.

I get downstairs to the dining area. I tell the waiter my room number and he guides me to my table. I sit down and take in the view.

It's amazing, I got a view of the ocean. It really is amazing, no joke.

I get myself some cereal, no milk in it, I put some nuts in it too. I ate it and then felt thirsty. I got myself some pineapple juice.

I then went to find some fruit. I had watermelon, orange, apple and mango. It was so delicious and fresh!

After that I had baked beans, toast, hash browns, corn and grilled mushrooms. The food here is really excellent.

I go back to my room and gather my things together. I tidy my room up more so that the cleaners have less to do.

I packed my suitcase and hiking bag, everything is neatly set and ready to go. I only have to checkout by 11am but I'm checking out earlier because I'm sure that we won't be done by 11am so I'd rather not come back. It would be less trouble for Martin.

My phone makes a noise and the screen flashes on.

Martijn : I'm out front, love. :-)
Me : okay, I just gotta checkout, hope it won't take too long.
Martijn : okay, it's fine, I'll wait. Im so excited :-D!!

I go down to reception and talk to the receptionist. I thank them for my stay and made sure that everything was paid for. Once that was done, I returned the room key and I left.

I stepped out and everything is still dark. Sunrise is said to be at 6:38am this morning. Straight in front on the road, a car is pulled over. The driver puts the window down. I see Martin sitting there, smirking.