Chapter 5

I put my foot down on the slippery rock, my heartbeat increasing. I can feel my heart pounding inside my chest.

"I got a little fear of heights. " I admit to him.

"Haha, well that's odd. I person that doesn't like heights is a hiker... that's makes a shit load of sense. " He sarcastically replied.

"I'm a gentleman so, I'm not gonna judge. I'll try to distract you from this though. Do you want me to try ?" He offers.

I nodded my head in reply.

I stretched my leg trying to get to a rock that looked safe because the rest were moist. I let out a yelp. I slipped and almost fell, Martin tugged me back by the rope and my back was to his front and he held me.

"Shh, I got you, I'm not gonna let you get hurt. " He whispered in my ear, having a tight grip on me.

I calmed myself down and looked around for a safer rock to step on. I found one and made my way over there.

"I could so just tie you up with this rope. Having you all to myself. " Martin spoke.

"Okay, Martin, if you wanna distract me, speak about something that's not sexual please. " I turn around and face him.

"Why ? Am I too much for you already, love ?" He smirks.

"Don't make me push you Garritsen. " I warn him.

He puts his hands up in defense and we continue.

"What do we talk about then ?" He spoke from behind me.

"Tell me about your family. " I say.

"Well, I grew up in Holland with my family. It was my mom, my dad and my sister, Laura. We're a close family. I jut don't have a good relationship with my dad. " He said.

"That's nice but why did you not have a good relationship with your dad ?" I curiously ask.

"Nah, I don't really wanna talk about it now. " He replied.

"Down at last. " I sighed in relief.

"Yeah! We did it! " Martin exclaims and we high five each other.

Martin undoes his knot and puts the rope back in my bag.

"Hey, if your bag is heavy I can put some things in mine if you want ? Mine is quite light, I've only got a few things in there. " He offered me

"I'm fine for now, maybe later if I feel tired or weak. " I smile.

We head on further on the path. We surely covered over 4km now. We have lots of twists and turns going along the mountains.

"Is this a famous trail because I don't see any people around. " He asks as he climbs up the steep trail. This is getting very tiring.

"Actually it isn't but I read that once you get to the top it's an amazing view. I don't like to go on busy trails because then there's always people. It takes away my feeling of being connected with nature. " I explain.

"Oh. " Was all he said.

We elevate probably another 10m on the mountains before I say that we should take a break.

We found a place to sit and put our bags down, we're sort of on edge but I think we're safe.

We drink some water and eat some treats. I ate an energy bar while he snacked on some nuts. My legs are slowly getting sore and tired.

He woke up and walked around a little bit. He stood at the edge and looked out our view. Suddenly the small rocks he was on moved and be nearly fall. I shot out and grabbed his arm, jerking him back.