To Close (28)

*Rylee's POV*

I could finally hear everything around me. There was beeping and some other sounds I couldn't identify. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't budge. When I finally got them open I cried out because it burned. When the strangled sound came out of my mouth it made my throat burn. Everything was blurry but when my eyes adjusted I saw four people standing in front of me. This lady in a lab coat and another in scrubs. I'm guessing they're the doctor and nurse and then Carli and Hope. I reach my arms out and Mom walks over to me. When she wraps her arms around me I start crying. I realized that I went to far. I could have died.

"I'm sorry." I rasp out.

"Hey, its okay your going to be fine." Mom says.

After I calm down the doctor and nurse run some tests. They tell me I have to stay over night. Just so they can make sure I'll be alright.

"I heard that you broke up with Sofia." Mom says.

"Yeah, I did." I say.

"Why?" Carli ask.

"I got mad and couldn't control myself. I blew up at her and I saw fear when I looked into her eyes." I say.

The nurse comes into the room and gives me a tray of food and a bottle of water. When I see the water I grab and down it. I was so thirsty its crazy, the liquid burned going down my throat but I didn't care. I caught my breath and starred at the tray in front of me. There was mash potatoes, turkey, green beans, and strawberries. It didn't look bad overall so I ate it. Have you ever had unseasoned food? Lemme just tell you its disgusting. Carli and Mom went to the house to get me some new clothes so I can change and get comfortable. When they got back we had small talk and watched TV. It was a chill day overall so the next morning when I got to go home I was happy. I got home and went to my room. I went and got my sketch book out and started drawing. I didn't exactly know what I was drawing but when I was done it was okay with it.

I went downstairs into the kitchen were Carli and Mom were. They were making lunch and flirting I would normally say something but seeing my Mom happy is great. I know how strong she's trying to be for me and I'm hella grateful. There was a knock on the door so I went to go get it. I opened the door and saw Ashlyn standing there. She doesn't speak to me just walks into the kitchen.

"I'm taking your daughter for a week and I'll bring her back before the 23rd." Ash says.

Yes my birthday is next week and I can't wait to see Rydel. She's coming to Washington with Henry, Rebecca, and Rachel.

"She has school." Carli says.

"She can go, she needs this. I trust you Ash." Mom says.

"Go upstairs and pack a weeks worth of clothes and meet me back here." Ash says.

I go upstairs and grab my suitcase. I don't really pack jeans, I grab my most comfortable joggers, shorts, and sweats. I put in a few muscle tees and some tee shorts. I put in some other things that I need before going into my bathroom and grabbing necessity. I put a few snapbacks and sneakers in my bag then go meet Ash in the kitchen.

"Will you tell me where the hell we're going? I ask.

"That will come soon but now you need to eat so we can get going." Ash says.

Mom and Carli made waffles with fruit on the side which is my favorite thing to eat for breakfast. We all finish eating and I go put my things in the car. I go say goodbye to Mom and Carli.

"Can I have my phone?" I ask.

"You won't need it." Ash yells from the car.

Mom and Carli chuckle and give me a hug.

"I love you, be good." Mom says.

"I love you too and okay." I say.

"See you later, I love you." Carli says.

"I love you too Carlos." I say.

She hates when Mom calls her Carlos so she hits Mom on the arm which causes the both of us to laugh. I go and get in the car with Ash and we pull off.

"Will you tell me what's going on now?" I ask.

"I heard what almost happened to you and I was just like you when I was your age. So I'm going to break you down and build you back up." Ashlyn says.