Game Day (11)

So today is game day and I'm excited. My last soccer game was with my team in Mesa. I've been practicing with Hope, my school team, and by myself. But I can now show Washington that I'm not only Hope Solo's daughter. Our game was at 5 so when school got over we had to meet the team on the field.

"I want to you guys to save your energy for the game tonight. I want you back here at 3 so you have 30 minuets to go get something to eat whatever." Coach says.

"But our game doesn't start until 5." Meg says.

"We're supporting the JV team." Coach says.

We all walked down to this local cafe that everyone hangs out at after school. I get a wrap and a smoothie. Everyone else orders then we find a table and sit. Of course Joel and his friends are here. He comes over to our table pulls up a chair and sits.

"Is there something we can help you with?" I ask.

"Why you gotta be so rude Solo?" Joel ask,

"We don't have time for this." Kim says.

"Kim don't be mad at me I thought we were over that." Joel says.

Kim scoffs then walks out. We all get our food and start walking back to the field. I see Kim is kinda behind everyone so I go and talk to her.

"So I'm guessing you guys had a past together?" I ask.

"Yeah when I was a freshman we use to date. He was nice but then he got into sports teams and it just went downhill from there." Kim says.

"Oh I'm sorry." I say.

"No it fine, I found soccer."

I smile and we catch up with the other girls. We see the JV team sitting on the benches they come over to us.

"Are you guys going to win?" Nichole ask.

"You better believe it." Kim says.

Nichole is the captain of the JV team. They get on the field and start warming up. We all go sit in the locker room. We were blasting music and just goofing around. We also got our uniforms on because our game was right after the JV game. We heard people start to show up and went to sit on the bleachers. We saw the other team we were playing against. The panthers are a good team the girls said its a lot of back and forth between our schools. Hope and a couple of the other girls from the team are coming.

The game soon started our team started out with the ball. Both teams were equally matched so it was a lot of back and fourth. Until our team was awarded a corner kick. Two players went up for the ball at the same time and ended up knocking heads. The trainers were called out but neither girl was hurt and were allowed to come back onto the field. Halftime came and the score was 0-0. I went to find Hope and found her with Pinoe, Alex, Carli, Ali, Ash, Haley, Sofia, Kelley, and Tobin. I ran over and gave them all a hug.

"I can't believe you guys are all here." I say.

"We wouldn't miss your first game." Carli says.

"Yeah you better kick ass too." Ash says.

Hope hits her arm.

"Oh so you hit me for saying ass but when Rylee told us to fuck off it was okay?" Ash ask.

"When did she say that?" Hope ask.

I look at Ashlyn who looks back at me before hiding behind Ali.

"Oh no don't hide behind me," Ali says.

I go and wrap my arms around Kelley's waist and she does the same. I see out of the corner of my eye the dirty looks Sofia is giving Kelley, I know she's jealous but oh well. We all talk for a while before Kim and Meg come over.