Never Let Go (5)

The entire drive I'm thinking about all the things that could go wrong. I just want them to like me because if they don't maybe Hope will take me back. We pull up to the hotel and I get out of the car. Before we walk in I stop and look at the ground.

"Hey what's wrong?" Hope asks.

"I'm scared." I whisper.

"Don't be Hope and I aren't going to let anything happen to you. We promise." Ash says.

I nod my head and Hope takes my hand. We walk into the hotel and I immediately feel out of place. I follow Hope and Ash to the elevators.. which I hate if I'm being honest. I have a fear of getting trapped in one or them falling.. don't mind me. We get on and off the elevator relatively quickly and when I look up there are a lot of eyes on me. I move and stand behind Hope and take Ash's hand. Hope starts walking and I don't even bother to look up. We stop and I hear a door open then close.

"Rylee, it's okay." Hope says.

I let go of Hope and look up. This hotel room is really nice.. I've never been in a place this nice before. Hope walls further into the room and sits on the bed. She pats the spot next to her and I make my way over to her.

"I know all of this is really new and really scary but I promise I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you're safe."

I look into Hope's eyes and I can tell she really means what she is saying. I give her a small smile and let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

"Now come out dinner is almost ready and I want you to meet the team."

I wait on the bed while Hope does a few things. We leave the room and once again people are looking at me. We get on the elevator with a few other people.

"Hey I'm Tobin."

I look up from the floor and smile slightly, "I'm Rylee."

"That's a cool name mines just Alex." We all laugh at Alex's response.

Alex, Tobin, and Hope Talk amongst themselves all the way to the dinning hall. Hope stops at a table and points to a chair and I sit. Players file in.. some one by one others in groups. All I know is it's super loud and I'm super nervous. While everyone is coming in Hope introduces me to Carli and Mallory. Ash introduces me to Ali, Megan, and Sydney. They're all really nice. Hope leads me over to the food and I don't put much on my plate. I'm not use to having so much food in front of me let alone being able to eat it all.

"Hey you know you can get more." Ash whispers to me.

I just nod and keep the small portion I have. Dinner is going by really slowly and I think it's because I don't feel comfortable. People at our table are trying to get to know me but they're walking on egg shells. I mean I know they don't want to ask or say the wrong thing but it's kinda annoying. Like I wish they would just ask me. I don't really eat the little food that's on my plate and I just sit silently. Hope takes my hand by I pull it away. I can't take it anymore so I get up and leave. You hear people whispering which just makes everything worse. I find the stairs and walk up all the flights to the roof. I go to the edge and I can't stop the tears that are falling down my face. I don't know how long I've been standing here for but I hear the door open.

"Thank god you're okay." Ash says.

I hear her but I don't move I just look down.

"Hey, Rylee.. can you please back away from the ledge? Whatever is going on right now I promise you it will get better."

"How can you say that?"

"Because I know what it's like to not want to live anymore."

I turn around and look at Ashlyn. She moves closer to me then puts her hand out. I look over my shoulder back at the ledge.

"You could have jumped.. but you didn't because you want to live Rylee. You have so much ahead of you don't end your story right now."

I look at Ash and she puts her hand out. I wipe my face before walking over towards her. As soon as I'm in arms length Ash wraps her arms around me and pulls me into the biggest hug ever.

"I know we just met but I love you Rylee. I was serious when I said I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Now let's get you back to Hope so she can get you home."