Chapter 19

I walked home crying, but when i got to my house, i decided i didn't want to be home right now, so i went to the park. Yeah going through the park at night is not a good idea.

I sat on the bench sobbing. I heard someone walking closer and i got a little scared. "Hey, what's wr-" "AHH!" I screamed, not knowing who was here with me at first. "Sorry!" Vinny says putting his hands up. "Whats wrong?" He asked me. "Everything. My whole life is a joke." I say to him. "Come on Bri, your life isn't a joke. What happened?" "Madison cheated on me... With Victoria." "Walsh?" "Sadly, yes..." I say crying a little bit more. "Awe.. Don't worry Bri, you'll be okay. I'm always here to talk. And this is why i got a little mad when you guys started talking. " I look up at him. "Why?" "Because Madison has a reputation. He cheats on mostly all of his girlfriends. And i don't know if i should tell you this, but one time, he went too far and had to go to a mental hospital for a couple of weeks. It was bad.." He said, and i just got a little more scared of Madison. "Wanna know who it was that he beat?" "Who?" I asked. "Victoria." "Wait, then why why would she be with him?" I ask. "No one knows.." He says. "Vinny..." I say crying a little bit. "What?" "Is it okay to say that i'm a little bit scared of Madison now?" "It is totally fine.." He says. "Thanks for being there for me when ever i needed you." "No problem." We just kind of stared at each other for a little bit, then something happened that i never would've thought.

We kissed.

SHANNONS POV

I was in the hospital for i don't even know how long. But i'm pretty sure i fell asleep just holding my moms hand.

I felt someone shake me, which woke me up. It was Mikey. "Shannon, we gotta go, it's getting late. We'll visit her again sometime. You're going to sleep at my house tonight." "okay.." I said to him, and got up. He lead me out the door and into the parking lot. I honestly couldn't even process what was going on right now..

We started walking to Mikeys house. "Mikey, i need clothes." I said. I just wanted to go home again. "You can wear my clothes to bed." He said to me. "Okay..." I say and we both just continued walking.

We got there, and as soon as i got in the door, Mikeys mom came up to me and hugged me really tight. "I'm so sorry about your mom Shannon. You're always welcome to stay here." She says to me. "Thank you, but i don't think i'll need to.." I say smiling. She smiles back, and walks away. "Wheres Nic?" Mikey asks. "She's out with friends." He nods and we both walk into the living room.

I was getting pretty tired, so i said "Mikey, i'm getting tired, can i borrow clothes?" He smiles, and nods. We both walk upstairs, and he hands me a pair of sweatpants, and a t-shirt. I walk into the bathroom to change. I stood there for a couple minutes doing nothing. I had the urge to cry. I tried to hold it back but i couldn't.i started quietly sobbing..

I heard my phone buzz, and it was my aunt Whitney. I answer it.

S: Hello?

W: Hey Shanny.. Have you been crying?

S: Yeah, but it doesn't matter. whats up?

W: Its about your mom..

I was afraid what she was going to say. What if my mom... you know.. didn't make it..?

S: Oh gosh..

W: The doctors.. they've done all they could, and nothing has worked, so they're going to have to take her off of life support.

That was the last straw, I broke down. Loudly crying. Tears streaming down my face, my make-up going everywhere. I dropped my phone, and i could hear Whitney calling my name from the phone.

Next thing i know, Mikey is in the bathroom holding me, trying to comfort me, and make me calm down. He knows he's not getting anywhere with this and calls his mom upstairs. Now both of them are upstairs trying to get me to quiet down, and trying to make me feel better.