Chapter 24

Rocky puts his hand on the small of my back and walks me through some bushed, I gasp when I see what lays behind them. It was a huge red oak word tree standing about 200 yards tall with a wooden stair case going up about almost halfway, then stopping to reveal a giant wood room that was built around the truck of the trees.

The sun was shining perfectly though the trees as the light shined onto a small pond that was to our left.

It wasn't run down, if anything it looked like it was built just yesterday. The tree house was amazing and beautiful, I could see way it meant a lot to Rocky, the water glistening in the light. I turn to see Rocky was looking up at his old tree house, and he started tearing up.

I pulled him into a hug, "Rocky, babe, whats wrong?" I ask desperate to find out way this beautiful boy was crying over a treehouse. He shuffled and looked me in the eye, tears were dripping off his face and onto the ground. "Rocky?"

"Follow me, I have something to tell you."

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Rocky led me up to the treehouse and we sat down on a carpet, after he had calmed down a little he was facing me holding both my hands and looking down, one last tear fell from his face and it landed on my thigh. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"I'm sorry, Allison. I thought I could face this treehouse again without crying but obviously that failed." His head still hung low. I held his hands tighter,"You don't have to apologize, it's perfectly fine, but please tell me what's wrong." I beg.

He sighs and looks up with me and make I contact, what I saw in his eyes was loss, he was broken deep down. How could I have not noticed. "There is something the whole family has been keeping, from everyone, even you. You are very special to me Ali, that's why I'm telling you this."

I squeezed his hand, but stayed silent. "There was another Lynch." Rocky starts, "Her name was Rosemary, she was 7. She loved all of us, and we loved her. She was closest to me though, we did everything together, we made this treehouse together. She was such a happy child, always had that same smile on her face, one you could never forget." He paused for a minute.

I took in every word he said, then he continued, " One day I was driving home from school, she was in the backseat, singing along to a song by One direction. I stopped to get gas and told her to stay in the car, as I was pumping the gas she screamed. A guy he-...... He grabbed her and ran off. Of course I chased him down, I never stopped and never gave up. I could see her bawling and crying out to me, but he was too fast. They got away, the next day reporters found her body." Rocky started sobbing all over again, I held him close and he sobbed into my shoulder.

It broke my heart to see him in suck a weak and unstable state, to see him break down, to see him in so much pain, it hurt me. It felt like my heart was gonna burst, my body filling with so my emotions

I felt so bad for him, that goes for the rest of the family, they lost their sister and daughter, I don't know how they can be so happy, but that is what Rosemary would have wanted. Rocky stopped crying he looked like he was trying to tell me something.

After a minute he finally was able to say the words,"She was raped and murdered."