(Chapter 19) Pt. 2

Chapter 19, Pt. 2

A couple days later......

Naomi

"You can't name anyone that wanted to hurt you?" Olivia asked. I leaned into my seat and folded my arms across my chest. "No" I lied. Olivia took a feel breath. "Look, Naomi I understand you don't wanna be a snitch.....

But who ever did that to you tried to take your life and took your baby's-" "Are we done?" I asked. Olivia stared at me for a couple seconds before nodding her head. "Yes" I stood up and began walking towards the door when Olivia said something else to me.

"Please, think about it" I nodded my head and knocked on the door. The door opened and a correctional officer lead me to my cell. It buzzed and I stepped inside, as soon as I did Cinnamon stood up in her seat.

"Your back....." I nodded my head and laid in my bed pulling the covers over my body. She walked up to the side of my bed and stooped down to my level. "Did they say why you were bleeding like that?" She asked.

I ignored her and turnt my head around facing the wall. Cinnamon stayed there for a few more seconds and stood up, walking out the door. I felt my eyes starting to sting.

I bite down on my bottom lip and covered my mouth letting tears roll down my face and onto my pillow. I couldn't afford people hearing me cry, they already think I'm weak.

I wiped my eyes and turnt on my back. I had a feeling on who did it but I don't need the law to take care of the person for me. This was personal.

I threw my tray away and made my back to my table. I felt eyes on me everywhere but I didn't pay any attention. "Aww, look who's back" Jackie said walking up to me. Her friends stood behind her.

I looked at all three of them. "Get out of my way" I said. Jackie smirked. "Gladly" she stepped aside, her friends did the same. I rolled my eyes before I knew it I was on the ground.

The whole cafeteria started cracking up. I looked up and saw Jackie and her friends laughing and dapping each other up. I stood up and pushed Jackie. "The hell is yo problem!" I yelled. I felt hands grab me.

"Calm down" Cinnamon said. I shook my head and took my arms out of her grip. "Watchu gonna do Lil baby? Cry?" I clenched my teeth. "Mimi-" I grabbed Jackie's hair tackling her on the ground.

I started banging her head on the floor as I began choking her. She gripped my arms trying to get me off of her. I felt someone pick me up off of her pushing me towards a wall. I turnt around and seen a correctional officer.

"Stay right there!" He yelled at me. I swallowed hard and folded my arms across my chest. I heard Jackie trying to catch her breath. Two correctional officers helped her up and one led her to the nurse while the other led me to the counselor's office.

"Crazy ass bitch. You gonna be in here longer than expected" he said holding my wrist walking down the hall. "Don't call me that" I said. He looked at me like I was crazy, then threw me against the wall.

"What you say inmate?" He asked getting in my face. "I said-" "What did you say? inmate!" He yelled in my face. I clenched my teeth getting ready to put my hands on him. "Nothing" I mumbled. "I thought so" he said. He pulled me to the counselors office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He opened the door and pushed me inside. "Miss Young.... Back so soon?" He asked. "She assaulted another inmate Sir...." I rolled my eyes. He frowned. "What should I do with her?" He asked. Mr. Kendricks sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Just go, Stewart. I'll take care of it" he said.

I looked up at Stewart. He glared at me for a while before walking out the door. "Take a seat" Mr. Kendricks said. I took a deep breath and sat at the chair across from his desk.

"Look, I know what you've been through-" "No, no you don't" I said cutting him off. He sighed. "Miss. Young-" "No let me finish" I said. I sat up a little. "They woman been harassing me the day I got here. She deserved what she got"

"Do you think she's the one that attacked you?" He asked. I cleared my throat a little. "I-I don't know" I said. He raised a brow. "Miss. Young, I understand you don't wanna give any names but you can't let who did that to you get away with it" he said.

I was silent. "I'll let you go this time. But do me a favor?" He asked. I raised a brow. "Don't let this happen again" I nodded my head and dismissed myself.

"You feeling any better?" I rested the phone on my shoulder and looked at Eric through the glass. "Yea.... I think" I said. He was quiet for a few seconds before he spoke.

"The kids are coming back down here, with my mama" I nodded my head. "When?" I asked. "This weekend" I nodded slowly. "Oh, okay" I mumbled. Eric sighed. "Aye....." I looked up at him. "I love you" I smiled a little.

"I love you too shorty" I said. He chuckled. "Okay, first of all I'm an inch taller than I was a month ago" I covered my mouth keeping me from laughing. "Yea. W.e" I said.

"Yo ass always hattin'" I smacked my lips. "Aight nothing to hate on my nigga" I said. "Aight bet, I gotchu" I smirked.

Eric

I slowly closed the door behind myself and locked it. I heard laughs coming from up the stairs. I slowly walked up stairs and heard Octavia talking to someone on the phone. I walked past the last step and heard her side of the conversation.

"Yea, it hurt but I had to get that bitch out my way......" I frowned. "I can't wait till she goes to prison, I'll have Eric all to myself. I'm surprised they didn't notice I did that to my face" Octavia laughed. "So stupid, I knew I could count on you to look her up for me"

My frown deepened when I realized she was talking about Mimi. I stepped inside the room. I knew she heard me when she stopped mid-sentence. "Uh, let me call you back" she said. She slowly hung up the phone and turnt around.

"Get the hell out my house" I said. Octavia frowned and stood up. "Eric-" "Get the fuck out!" I yelled. She jumped a little. "Now" I demanded. I pointed at the door waiting for her to walk out the door.

She took a deep breath and grabbed her purse slipping her shoes on. "I'll be back for my stuff" she mumbled. I shook my head. "Nah, I'll get it sent to you. Get the steppin'" I said. She scoffed and walked out the door and out of my house.

-----------------

VOTE/COMMENT

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES!