|5|

Chapter 5,

Mimi

I pulled Lyric's shirt over her head she flipped her hair out from under her shirt. "Mommy I want Daddy" I sighed and picked her up. I grabbed the comb and brush walking in the front. I sat on the couch and sat Lyric in between my legs. Mace was knocked out on the couch so it was just us two.

"When is daddy coming?" I sighed and started to part her hair. "He should be coming tomorrow babes" she sighed. "Why did he swear at you?" I sighed again. Sometimes I wish they weren't so damn smart all the time. "He.... Was mad" I said as I began to comb her hair out.

She jumped a little but then calmed down. "Oh" she mumbled. "I don't want y'all saying those words okay? Those are really bad words" She nodded. When I got done combing her hair out I started braiding her hair into two goddess braids. With Lyric's hair color, its gorgeous.

I put a bonnet on her head and laid her on the opposite side of the couch. I cut the TV on and let Tom & Jerry play. I put a blanket over them and walked in the bathroom. I kept the door open just in case. I stripped and ran some bath water. I let it fill up half way before I got in. I was beyond ready to go back to ATL.

My shop, my friends. My house, bed. I sighed and laid my head down closing my eyes.

The next day......

I sat the twins plates on the small table and watched them dig in. I was about to make my plate when it was a knock coming from the door. I wiped my hands on my jeans and walked to the front door. I looked out the peep hole and sighed once I seen a 'Compton' hat. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door pulling it open.

"Wassup Mi?" Eric asked. I stepped to the side and watched him walk inside. He looked around. "Where's the twins?" He asked. I pointed to the kitchen. He nodded and walked off. I was about to close the door when someone stopped me. I opened the door and smiled when I seem Dre'. "Wassup lil sis?" I pulled him into a hug. He hugged back and pulled away.

"I like how you ain't tell nobody you was up here" I locked and closed the door. "I told mama, I thought she told you" he shook his head. "Nah, she 'on tell me shit" I shook my head and folded my arms across my chest. "So how's everyone?" I asked.

"The kids bad asf, Gina trying to get me to marry her" I raised a brow. "Marry?" He nodded his head. "Yea.... I ain't ready fa' all of that" I nodded my head. "I feel you" "So what you cooking in hea'?" He asked walking inside the kitchen I followed him and saw Eric making himself a plate.

I shook my head and watched as Dre' did the same. "See mommy I told you daddy was gonna come" Lyric said smiling at her father. She was truly a daddy's girl. "Yea..." I mumbled. Eric and Dre' sat on the island and began to eat.

"So what y'all wanna do today?" Eric asked the twins. They both smiled. "Ugh the zoo!" "Again?" I asked. "Y'all don't wanna go to the carnival?" Eric asked. "Yea!" "Okay then, I'm driving" "I guess I should get ready then" I mumbled I turnt around and made my way to the bathroom.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

"I wanna get on that ride!" Mace yelled pointing to the big ass rollercoaster. I shook my head. "Nah baby you to little, you can get on the baby one" I said. Mace sighed. "Fine" he mumbled. "You are to grown for me" I said.

Mace smirked and ate some of his popcorn. Lyric was on Eric's back
Her arms were around his neck. "I should call Jinae' get her to bring Keenan up here" Eric said. I nodded my head. "That'll be cool" I said. He looked at me then we continued our walk.

He walked to the phone booth dialing Jinae's number. Keenan was now 6 years old. He looked exactly like Jinae', the eyes, hair. Personality. "Aye Nae" Eric said. ...... "Yea this Eric, bring Kee up here to the carnival" ........ He sighed and looked up at me. "Nah, she's not here. Mimi is" .......

He sighed again. "No, we're not. Can you please bring my son up here?" He asked. ....... "Aight, cool bye" he hung up the phone and picked Lyric up. "One more ride before we eat" Eric said. I opened my mouth to say something but decided against it.

I could tell he had an attitude, I wanted to ask what was his problem but Nah, I didn't wanna start anything. We had the twins get on the Farris wheel. I had Mace and Eric had Lyric. When we got off, Jinae' came just in time. "Yo wasnt lying when you said o'l girl wasn't here" Jinae' said.

I chuckled. "Hey Mimi" I smiled and pulled her into a half hug. We were cool but we weren't friends. You can say we're associates. "Hey Kee" Keenan smiled and gave me a hug. "I missed you" I hugged him back. He got so tall.

"I missed you too, did you see your brother and sister?" I asked. He pulled away and shook his head. "Are they still babies?" He asked. I shook my head. "Not necessary, no" he nodded. "Mace and Lyric come here and meet y'all big brother" they were both behind Eric.

They didn't remember Jinae' or Keenan. I sighed and motioned Eric to help. He nodded and looked back at them. "Y'all don't wanna meet y'all big brother?" Eric asked. They shook their heads. "I don't have a brother" Mace said. Eric chuckled.

"Yes you do, come meet him. He won't bite" Eric held out two hands so they can have. Lyric took Eric's hand. "Come on Mace" Eric said. Maceon looked at me. I nodded my head letting him know it was okay. He sighed and slowly grabbed Eric's hand.

Eric walked them to where Jinae' was standing. "Hey y'all" Jinae' stooping down to their level. "I'm Miss Jinae'" Jinae' said. Mace waved and Lyric just stared at her. "They look exactly like you" Jinae' said looking up at me. I smiled. "And they have Eric's hair" I said. Jinae' nodded in agreement.

"Kee" Keenan stepped beside Jinae'. "Y'all this is Keenan, he's y'all big brother" Jinae' said. "Hi" Lyric said. Keenan smiled and have her a hug. "Awwee" I poked my bottom lip out. Their so cute. Keenan pulled away and gave Mace a hug. To my surprise he hugged back.

"Well, let's go eat. I'm starving" I said.

"So she said that?" I nodded my head and took a bite of my funnel cake. "Yea..... She was obviously trying to start some shit" Jinae' shook her head. "I don't like her" "You met her?" I asked. Jinae' nodded her head. "Yea, she was talm bout she wanted to meet Keenan.

I told Eric I was like hell no, ion know her" I nodded my head in agreement. "I think she convinced Eric to come up here. Not that its something wrong with him coming up here but its something going on with her" Jinae' nodded her head. I looked back at Eric who was playing basketball with the kids.

I looked back at Jinae' and sighed. "I'm so ready to go back to ATL" I mumbled. "Im ready to go on this date Saturday" I raised a brow. "Date?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. "You still dating that Lawyer?" Jinae' nodded. "Yea... Two years so far I think he's gonna propose" I smiled.

"That's Wassup" "Yea.... Kee likes him, My family likes him. He's perfect" I smiled. "Well I'm happy for you. We both came a long ass way" She nodded. "Hell Yea"

--------

VOTE/COMMENT

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES!

---------------------------------
A'lyric in the multimedia