|13|

Chapter 13,

Mimi

"Can I take my basketball for show and tell?" Lyric asked. I finished her  hair and patted her shoulders motioning her to stand up. She stood up and looked up at me waiting for my response. I sighed. "Yes, you can take it but don't lose it okay?" She smiled and ran in her closet grabbing her basketball I bought her a couple days ago.

I got her a small rim also, both were neon pink and I had someone decorate them for me. So the rim had A'lyric writin in cursive. It was cool. She ran out the closet with her book bag and basketball in her hands. "Come on" I said grabbing her hand. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Mace was eating cereal while Niya was making Lyric a bowl. Lyric sat at their small table with her brother. "I'll be going to McDonald's after I drop them off, what you want?" I asked Niya. She shook her head. "Nah, I'm going out for Breakfast with Brandon" I raised a brow. "Brandon huh? Isn't he going to NYU to?" Niya nodded. "Yea"

I smiled. "I'm happy for y'all. Y'all been together for how long? Two years?" I asked. "Mommy we done" Mace said standing up from the table. "Yea" Lyric started bouncing her basketball in the living room. "Alright, let's go" I said.

"But at the same time though she started that whole fight. You didn't have to say shit to me" I said sitting up in Eric's bed. He sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Do you understand what I'm saying?" I asked. He nodded his head slowly. "Yea ma" I sighed and covered my chest.

"I just don't wanna argue witchu" he said. I poked my bottom lip out. "I know, but what's arguing without making up after?" "I like the sound of that" I smiled and climbed on top of him, kissing him all over his face. The phone started to ring but we ignored in. Or tried to. I pulled away from Eric and grabbed the phone placing it on my ear.

"Hello?" I asked. Eric sat up and started kissing my neck. "Yes. Is this Mr. Eric Wright?" They asked. "Who's asking?" I asked. "Mr. Jasmine his daughters teacher at the daycare? I wanted to inform you that your daughter got into a fight as recess" I frowned and got from on top of Eric.

"She did? What happened? Did she win?" I asked. Eric frowned. I put up a finger telling him to wait. "Uh, she's fine. The basketball she brung for show and tell? She broke a little girls nose. Threw it at her face" my mouth shot open. "Where was Maceon when all this happened?" I asked.

"He's the reason she did it. I guess the little girl was making fun of Maceon's hair and A'lyric stepped in" I nodded my head. "When will you be up here?" He asked. "We're on our way now. Thank you" I hung up the phone and looked up at Eric. "What happened?" He asked.

"Lyric broke a little girl nose, throwing her basketball at her" Eric's eyes shot up. "Damn" I sighed and stood up from the bed. "Yea I know. Do I have clothes here?" I asked. Eric nodded his head. "Yea.." I sighed and walked inside his closet. "I can't believe this" I mumbled grabbing some of my clothes.

"She's suspended, only for a day" I nodded my head and looked at Lyric who was playing with her fingers. "Okay" Ms. Willis locked her fingers together. "I'm afraid this isn't the first time this has happened Ms. Young" I frowned. "A'Lyric isn't a people person, she doesn't really make friends" my frown deepened.

"What are you trying to say?" Eric asked. She took a deep breath before speaking. "She's a bully, the other kids are afraid of her" my jaw dropped. "A bully?" Eric asked. I sat up a little in my seat. "She's not a bully" I started.

"Like you said she has trouble making friends, but she doesn't need friends she has her brother. I teach my kids to defend themselves not to bully anybody"
"Yes I know but-" "I'll take care of my kids and you worry about yours alright?" I stood up and motioned the kids to stand up.