|16|

Chapter 16,

Mimi

"Can he do that?" I asked Olivia. She sighed. "I don't know, but I wouldn't try anything while you're in this situation. The DA's pressing charges Naomi so our main focus is getting through this then getting your kids back" I nodded slowly as we walked through the double doors entering the court room.

"We'll be lucky if we can keep you out of a pretrial detention center" "What's that?" I asked. She looked at me and sighed. "Jail" I nodded my head and sat back in my seat.

"Before we start, do you know anything I don't " I bit down on my bottom lip thinking. "No" Olivia nodded her head. "Alright, you have any family coming?" "My friend Camilla, sister, brother and mother"

"Alright, anyone else? We don't need any outbursts " I shook my head. "No, no one " She nodded her head and got her notes together. A couple seconds later the court room grew. Camilla came and Andre' but not my mama. I turnt to Dre'.

"Where's mama?" I asked. He sighed. "She didn't want to come" I frowned. "It's okay, just worry about the case " Camilla said. I nodded my head and slowly turnt around in my seat. "All rise, for Judge Washington " I sighed and stood up. I watched as the judge walked up and motioned us to sit.

I sat down at my seat and took a deep breath. I haven't been in a court room since before the twins were born. I looked to my right and seen Octavia there with the DA. There was no way I put my hands on her.

"So.... Naomi Young" He started flipping through some files then stopped at a spot. "It says here you've been in a court room majority of your life. Can you explain that to me?" He asked. I opened my mouth to speak but Olivia cut me off.

"Your Honor, those records were before she turnt 18 which means they should've been distroyed" Olivia said speaking up. "Uh, huh. So what about disruption of property in 86'?" He asked. "That was after she became legal. Am I right?" Olivia nodded her head. "Yes"

"And before all that she had a problem with assaulting people. Am I right?" He asked. "Yes but-" "But what? It's obvious your client has a problem with putting her hands on people, and the fact that Miss. Young assaulted this pregnant woman is sad"

I felt my heart beating ten times faster. "Miss. Young you will be held under Atlanta 's pretrial detention center. Any questions?" Olivia opened her mouth to speak but shut it when Judge Washington dismissed everyone.

I felt a hand grab my arm. "I'll get you out of there alright?" Olivia said. I nodded my head and let the police officer lead me to to the back.

Eric

"Daddy when is Mommy coming?" Maceon asked scooping some macaroni in his mouth. Lyric looked up at me waiting for an answer. I sighed. "Uh, soon" I said. "Can we call her?" Lyric asked.

"Yea!" "It's 9:00, she's probably sleep and yall need to sleep too " I said standing up from the table. "Noooo, daddy" "Nooo" I said mimicking their voice. I picked them both up walking them upstairs to their room.

I laid them both down and tucked them in. "I miss Mommy " Lyric said. I sighed. I knew I had to hear that every 5 minutes. I couldn't risk them seeing her like that.

"How about this? I'll call Mommy tomorrow and we all can talk to her" They both smiled. "Promise? " Mace asked. I hesitated at firs then nodded my head. "Promise"

Mimi

"This is your cell, lights cut off at 10" Officer Mendes. A correctional officer said. I sighed and watched him open the door. I walked inside and sighed when I heard the door close behind me. "Awe, look at you" I looked up and frowned when I seen a female laying on the top bunk.

She hopped off and looked me up and down. She was Mexican, long hair and tall. "What's yo name?" She asked. "Mimi" She nodded her head. "Okay, well I'm Cinnamon " She said. I nodded my head.

"Hey" "Uh, you can sleep on the bottom bunk dinner is at 8" I nodded and put my things on my bed. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "If you don't mind me asking....." I looked up at her. "What did you do?" She asked.

I sighed and shook my head not trying to talk about this. "I was accused of assaulting my boyfriend's --- ex boyfriend's babymama " She raised a brow. "......Did you do it?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Nah, I wouldn't put my hands on a pregnant woman" Her eyes shot up. "She's pregnant?" She asked. I nodded my head yes. "Yea...." Cinnamon shook her head. "Damn" I sighed. I jumped a little when I heard a beep making the door open. "Dinner, let's eat"

"Girl you know how we get down in the ATL!" One of the girls. Shana said dapping her friend, Frenchy. "Yess" I poked around in my food and shook my head. "You don't want that?" Viola asked pointing at my roll.

I shook my head she shrugged and snatched it off my tray. I was about to grab my jello when I saw a hand snatch it away. I looked up and seen a tall darkskin chic with braids to the back. She made a face like 'Bitch say something ' so I did.

"Excuse you? I ain't say you could have my jello boo" I said. She raised a brow as the whole cafeteria grew silent. She looked around like she didn't know I was talking to her. "You talking to me?" She asked. I tilted my head. "I'm looking at chu ain't I?" I asked.

I heard a couple people laugh but I ignored them. "Bitch do you know who I am?" She asked standing up. I stood up and clinched my fists. She was taller than me. Much taller. "So what if I do? What you gonna do? Hit me?" She opened her mouth to speak but a correctional officer cut her off.

"Ladies! Back away from eachother. Now" I smirked and looked her up and down before she took her seat. I sat on my seat and moved the hair that was in my face.

"Wea' you say you from?" Cinnamon asked. "Compton" She nodded slowly and looked at the girls. "You got some balls, that Bitch Jackie been here longer than any of us and she swears up and down she's the baddest Bitch in here" Shana said.

Cinnamon nodded her head. "Well while I'm here none of that shits going down, she don't know me" I saw her staring at me at the corner of my eye. I turnt her way and smiled.

-----------

VOTE/COMMENT

EXCUSE THE MISTAKES!

-------------------------------------------

Naomi in the multimedia