Gerard's POV ~ 14 y/o

Please Read-Important A/N ~ PSA: I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK THE AGE DOESN'T FIT THE ACTIONS OR THOUGHTS OF THE CHARACTERS. I REALLY REALLY DON'T. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. IT'S LITERALLY JUST AN AGE TO GIVE YOU THE RANGE OF AROUND WHERE THEY ARE. THAT'S IT. NOW SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH, SHANNON, AND ENJOY THE STORY OR GET OUT. Thank you <3 (this wasn't aimed at someone named Shannon, btw)

Gerard:

"So?" she asked as I began to think about the painful avocations of it. 

"Umm, Lindsey, you're really nice and all, but...", I began to explain.

"O-M-G, is that a yes? Jamia said you'd say no because of Frank! I knew you weren't gay!" she jumped up and down. "It's a date then. Friday night sound good? We can see the new Deadpool".

She smiled her dazzling smile. 

"Oh, don't worry", she must have seen my pained expression. "My mom can escort us so we don't get in trouble. She'll just buy our tickets and leave us alone".

That wasn't it. I didn't care about that. Frank and I were going to watch Deadpool together. It's kind of a thing we do. When a movie comes out that we think we'll extremely like, we wait until it's on Red Box. We have a movie night where we curl under blankets with popcorn and drinks and watch it with the luxury to pause and things like that. 

"I'll see you after school on Friday?" she giggled. 

I shrugged at her, not being able to stomach the words she said. I guess it was set in stone? 

How could I break this to Frankie. I dragged my feet slowly to lunch. Before I could get halfway there, I saw Frank slip into the hallway. Upon spotting me in the empty strip to the left of him, he came running up to me.

"Gerard, why're you being so slow?" he asked with a silly smirk. "It's time for lunch".   

I nodded and forced a smile. Frank and I were twelve and fourteen. We aren't dating. How upset could he be?

"Yeah, sorry", I choked out. "I actually got asked out by Lindsey to see... Deadpool?" 

I was hesitant. There was a hint of disappointment replaced after a split second by partial joy and partial amusement. 

"Did you forget about our Red Box night?" he asked, a fake smile on his face. 

"No, of course not, but that's what she wanted to see", I sighed, but kept the smile on my face.

"Oh, okay", Frank smiled. "C'mon, let's go to lunch".

"Wait, Frank", I stopped. 

"Yeah", he spoke hopefully.

"Do people think we're gay?" I tried to ask nonchalantly without offending him.

"Well, I'm guessing they won't for you now", he shrugged.

He walked away without even waiting for me. Maybe he didn't like me like I thought he did. I shrugged it off, but it ate at the back of my brain until the next day when Lindsey's mom showed up to pick me up and take me to the movie theater. Lindsey clung in the backseat to sit with me.

We got into the movie and I was sick to my stomach thinking about watching this without Franklin. I excused myself to go to the restroom and I went to the water fountains. I clung there for about ten minutes before Lindsey came wandering out, calling my name. 

I raced to the bathrooms and hid there. As I turned into the large strip of toilet stalls and urinals, I saw Frank sitting on the sinks at the end, playing something on his phone. He glanced up and him and I made eye contact. 

"Frank", I said at the same time as Frank said, "Gerard".  

"What are you doing here?" we asked at the same time. 

We giggled for a second before I answered.

"I didn't want to see it without you. I made a promise and me being too shy to say no shouldn't be a reason why I break that", I nodded.

"Wait, you didn't want to do this?" he assured.

"Nope", I shook my head. "I didn't want to hurt her feelings".

"Awe, Gerard", Frank's eyes teared up and he wrapped his little arms tightly around me and pressed his face into my chest. "Thank you".

When we got back to school that Monday, Lindsey was pretty calm. She told me that she understood that I "wasn't straight" and she winked at me. That Red Box movie night when Deadpool came out was the best Red Box night we've had.