Frank's POV~8 years old

Frank Iero - 8 years old

It was the night before our spring break officially began. I should have been excited. I should have been tossing and turning in the anticipation of getting to hang out with Gee non-stop for an entire week, uninterrupted. Instead, I was tossing and turning in fear.

Thoughts kept racing through my mind. Irrational thoughts that I know are untrue.

Thoughts like, "What if the balloon crashes?" and, "What would I do if it caught fire?".

In case you haven't caught on, we're going to ride an air balloon tomorrow. In case you haven't caught on, I'm kind of scared. So many things could go wrong.

There are countless news stories on it.

What would I think of it? Would we get a cool Darth Vader one? Or would we be stuck with Smokey The Bear or some other lame nonsense like that.

These draining thoughts polluted my head until my eyelids drooped closed without my knowledge and I was suddenly in dream land. But it wasn't a dream. It was a nightmare.

Gerard and I were on a lame Smokey The Bear air balloon. We were drifting through the clouds as the navigator pumped gasoline into something to keep us up. Suddenly, Smokey spoke.

"Only you can prevent forest fires", he said in a warped voice before going straight down into a forest.

I don't even think there are any forests in New Jersey!

I woke up, absolutely terrified. Smokey was a little bitch [A/N: Absolute 8 y/o thought there]. How dare he want to kill me like that! I didn't even see Gerard's face. I was too busy screaming my face off.

I climbed out of bed and went into the kitchen to get some water. I saw the lights on in Gerard's room across the street. Without thinking, I straight up left and went to his house.

Me going to Gerard's has never been a problem before, right?

I went and knocked on his door. I heard some shuffling around before the door opened to reveal Mikey and Gerard, both frightened and bearing weapons.

They relaxed when they saw me.

"Frankie, what are you doing here at three in the morning? You should be asleep!" Gerard pulled me inside of his house.

"I'm sorry", I yawned. "I couldn't sleep and I saw that you were awake so I wanted to sleep over", I explained.

"Oooooh", Gerard nodded. "Why didn't you say so? Come in, Mikey and I were just about to go to sleep".

"Gerard, it's past both of your bedtimes", I crossed my arms.

"I'm older than both of you, so I picked the bed time", Gerard shrugged.

Mikey stuck out his tongue playfully before going to the kitchen to grab a package of Oreos and running upstairs to lock himself in his room. Gerard pouted, assumably because he wanted them.

"It's okay, he's a meany face anyways", I comforted. "Let's go, I'm hecking tired!"

"Fine, fine", Gerard rolled his eyes. "Let's go".

We went upstairs to his room and locked ourselves in his bedroom.

And after that, I didn't have any nightmares or any trouble going to bed.

The next morning, after all this un-needed commotion about me, we went to the air balloon place. Fear struck my heart as they went over the safety precautions. I had my buddy, Gerard (of course), then Mikey and Ray were paired, and Bob was on his own. [A/N: Eat shit Bob.]

I could barely step onto the platform to get on the air balloon before our pilot hustled me on.

"Hey, I'm from Jersey, fight me", I threatened.

The guy raised an eyebrow at me before going to do his dangerous job.

"Frankie, is everything okay?" Gerard asked me.

"How could you tell something was wrong?" I asked, confused.

"Well, you're extremely tense, your hand is holding onto mine so tight that I can't feel it anymore, and I'm sure everyone heard you grind your teeth", Gerard pointed.

"Okay, okay, I'm scared", I told him.

"That part's obvious", he joked.

"Now is not the time Gerard, I'm going through a crisis", I scolded him.

"I'm sorry, but I'm here for you Frankie. I have been since that time I got in trouble for feeding you skittles as a kid," he comforted. [A/N: I honestly think no one but Lynden will get this? But feel free to tell me otherwise].

My grip on his hand loosened as his words flooded out. I sat down on the little bench, shaking slightly as the death machine took off. I kept my eyes closed.

"Frankie, open your eyes, it's beautiful", Gerard prompted me.

And because I trusted him, I did look. And it wasn't so bad. But the trees were nothing compared to the smile Gerard had on his face as he looked in the sky with wonder. He leaned further out of the basket, and I yanked him back.

"Gerard, do you want to die today? Don't do that!" I said.

"It's okay, Frankie, I promise", he shrugged it off.

And I bet you all think I'm going to do something bad like make him fall off or something. But I'm ending this here homie. More in the next update.

Also, thank you for nearly 60K, you guys are amazing!

-Leigha