Gerard's POV- 8 years old

"Hey mom, can I talk to you about something?" I tugged on my mom's sleeve as she made dinner.

You know it was urgent if you messed with my mom in the kitchen, because she turned into a monster if her flow was interrupted. She sighed before turning to me.

"Yes sweetie?" she asked in a kind voice.

I looked around to Mikey, Ray, Frank, and Bob. I was elected to speak to her, and now I felt scared.

"You know how we have Monday off of school?" I clarified.

"Mhm", she nodded.

"Well, Monday is Mrs. Frank's birthday and-", I began.

"Wait a second", she stopped me. "Who is Mrs. Frank?"

"Frank's mommy", I told her. "Anyways, we want to throw her a surprise party with a cake and balloons and gifts, but we don't have any money".

"Awwwwwww", she looked down at us. "If you promise to do the dishes every day until then, you can do it. Bob has to supervise you while you make the cake though. No exception".

We turned to Bob who was playing on his recently acquired phone that his mom bought for him.

"Bob?" we asked.

"Yeah?" he didn't even look up.

"Will you do it?" we asked.

"Yeah sure", he shrugged. "I'm okay with that".

My mother looked exasperated, but she just called for my dad to give us a few dollars for planning. He gave us a bill that we have never seen before, or even touched. This infamous hundred dollar bill.

"I'll need all the change back, okay Gerard?" my dad clarified.

"You got it", I saluted. "And mom, I will do the dishes".

"I'll help!" Frank volunteered. 

"I can too, and so can Mikey", Ray said.

"Awe Ray don't bring me into this", Mikey giggled.

"Okay, you boys run along no. Go plan Mrs. Iero's big day", my mom prompted after remembering she had food to make.

Knock knock knock.

"I got it!" I screeched out, racing Mikey to the door to get there first. 

Mikey made it in the end. Our friends Ryan and Spencer were there. The had their arms crossed and their faces were in a pout.

"We ran away from Brendon and Dallon", they sneered. "We needed someone to play with".

"Ooh, I'll come with you!" Mikey volunteered. 

"Me too, can I play?" Ray asked.

Frank and I looked at each other.

"Go ahead. We'll be planning", I voiced both of our thoughts.

Bob didn't even matter. All he did was blindly follow the most visible person, and that was Mikey AKA Daddy Long Legs.

We went upstairs into my room and I drew out his house and theoretically decorated the interior. Frank began making a list of things he wanted in and on the cake. We went through so many drafts and when we both approved of what the other was doing, we added balloons, streamers, banners, and ice cream to the list.

"You know what else we should buy?" Frank asked.

"What?" I responded.

"My mommy always drinks this punch stuff that I'm never allowed to drink. We should buy her some and maybe she'll let us try! It comes in a huge glass bottle so if we get one, there'll be enough to go around for everyone!" he suggested.