Gerards POV- 32 years old

Alternate Universe/Shadows Die

Okay, I wasn't sure if you guys liked the music based one and if you hated it this will be the last, but I felt like Gerard needed one so I hit shuffle again and the song Shadows Die by Black Veil Brides came on. It may have a tinge of The Ghost Of You.

   I tried not to quarter with other people. Steal their food, their homes, their time, their freedom. I tried to sleep in the dorms provided during war. But when I'm away from the barracks, I have no choice but to knock on someone's door and tell them I'm a soldier and come in. Eat their food. Use their home. Take away their time. Make them feel like they don't have freedom.

   I wasn't going to sleep outside in such dangerous times, so I knew the best thing to do was to knock on the door of the nearest home and hope that they're a small family.

   I knocked on a house that wasn't visible, as the sun was setting and a fog of smoke made things unclear.

   Someone opened the door slightly and peaked out before completely opening it.

   "Hello, sir. I am Gerard Way, member of the New Jersey National Guard and I am requesting quarreling services from you, as made mandatory by temporary laws passed for this time of war", I recited.

   "Umm, okay", the person let me in.

   "Sorry, I really don't like to quarter with other people, but I'm so far from camp I won't make it," I looked up for the first time and was mesmerized instantly.

   The guy wore no shirt, had black sweatpants, long black flippy hair, smudged eyeliner, and the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen.

   And I looked like a potato. I was covered in dust, I wore an ugly mandatory uniform, and my face didn't look nearly as beautiful as his.

   "It's fine, I'm Frank Iero. Nice to meet you Mr...?" he held out his hand.

   I snapped out of my daze and shook his hand.

   "Way... Gerard Way", I smiled.

   "Well are you hungry? Thirsty? What do you need?" he asked.

   "Ill take coffee if you have any, thanks", I felt selfish.

   The church gave out small coffee rations. A church of lies won't tell me how to live my goddamn life. They can't tell me what is right.

   "I can request to have extra coffee rations sent to you", I said at his nervous look.

   "Actually, I've used all the coffee rationed for me", he laughed.

   "Who else lives here?" I was surprised. Rations for this month were handed out yesterday.

   "Uhh, just me", he giggled.

   "You drink coffee as fast as me", I laughed. "I can just go with water then".

   He got me water and when I gulped it down, I requested a shower where he leant me one of his most oversized shirts and pajama pants and even said he could do my laundry.

   We sat in his bedroom with the only surface to sleep on. He didn't have a couch or anything. He didn't need one. He offered to sleep on the ground, but that'd be selfish. We just began to talk and it flowed from topics about music to topics about war.

   Two completely opposite things.

   Music made you feel alive. Music made you feel like you meant something. In that moment when you feel like nothing will get better, you hit shuffle on your playlist and you instantly feel better. Every time someone is about to commit suicide or cut or do anything stupid like that, just turn on music. It fixes everything. (I'm not kidding, listen to me). If I got into a terrible breakup, I'd go home and listen to a song about a breakup and completely relate to it and never feel alone. Music pulls people out of depression. Music brings us all together.

   But war made you feel dead inside. It made you feel insignificant and revolted. In that moment that everything is great, that hope is smashed by war. It ruins everything. If I got into a terrible break up and got a notice that I was being sent to war I'd be like "Fuck". It shoots people down into depression. It tears us all apart.

   "So what are your thoughts on the war?" Frank asked me.

   I bit my lip.

   "I wish these shadows would die so I could feel alive. A church of lies can't tell me what is fucking right", I swore. "Why're we even in this war."

   "I may not be able to end the war", Frank flipped his hair so I could see his sexy eyes better. "But I could make you feel alive".

   "What?" I asked.

    I was stunned when his hungry lips collided with mine but instantly began to relax into the kiss and we began to make out.

   I know I just met him mere hours ago. But I'm being quartered and if I want this, I get it (;

   And I haven't had an experience like this since high school at least.

   Needless to say, none of us had to sleep on the ground that night, if you catch my drift. (;