Chapter 10: Ruining a Man's Pride

Chapter 10: Ruining a man's pride

Vincent

I've never been so upset in my life! To hear the woman I love say that she was pregnant with another man's child was...immoral. I was certain that the child she could be carrying was mine. She asked me herself what I would do if she were pregnant, but yet she told me she wasn't. Now, she's announcing that she's pregnant. This has to be some sick joke. She had to be playing with my heart.

But, what about that incident earlier?

Yes, that outburst she made outside of my father's study was quite unexpected. At first, I wondered what could have caused her to hurt so terribly like that. But, when I saw the way she stared into my eyes, I felt guilt take over me. I must've been the reason why she acted like that. But why? Had I done something? It couldn't have been the noises that Melanie and I made. She never broke down during the other times she heard us. So, what was wrong with her? I had to find out, but first I wanted to discuss something with this Frank person. Folashadé said he was the father of her baby, but I just couldn't see it. He didn't seem her type, at all. Only because he wasn't... he wasn't...me.

I watched him plowing a large patch of soil near the roses oblivious to my presence. I narrowed my eyes at his creasing forehead and dirt-filled, blonde hair. Everything about him disgusted me in every way possible.

He was covered in soil and small grass pieces were stuck to his gloves. Is this really the man who got my woman pregnant? What a joke.

I made my way towards him, clearing my throat in the process to catch his attention.

He looked up and raised his eyebrows. God, I wanted to punch him in his temple. I just can't imagine this man in bed with my woman.

"Good afternoon, Your Highness," he greeted, bowing in respect of my presence.

I had to refrain myself from kneeing him in his forehead while he was bent over. Even though he was bowing to me in respect, I somehow felt disrespected.

"Get up, I need to talk to you. Man to man," I said quietly with a scowl.

He stood straight, confusion written over his countenance. "Yes, sir...?"

I turned to walk away and flicked my hand, signaling for him to follow me. I needed to talk to him in private.

I lead him to a bench that was nailed in front of a koi pond. The koi were directly imported from Japan. Father chose them for this pond because they were Genevieve's favorite fish. Thinking about the view of this beautiful pond, I realized that I could drown this man. But, I thought better of the situation.

"What did you want to talk about, sir," he said cautiously. I turned my head to look at him over my shoulder. He was standing beside the bench, I guess, just in case I did something to harm him. He's smart, but I could care less about his wits.

"Tell me...Frank, what is your relationship with Folashadé," I asked, turning back around to face the pond. I'll give him three seconds to answer me, if not, he'll be tasting pond water for the night.

"So, it's true. She and you," he questioned behind me.

How dare this man answer me with a question!

My hands clenched into tight fists. He was really trying to test my anger. He was sadly mistaken. I could ruin him, get him fired, I could practically force him to leave the country.

Keep calm, Vince. Ask questions first...save the violence for later.

"That... is none of your concern," I retort. "Just answer my question. Right now, you're being disobedient to your employer."