Chapter 12: Secrets

Chapter 12: Secrets

Gina

I watched as Folashadé stormed out of the office and slammed the door furiously. I understood why she would be upset, she could possibly be getting fired, but that all depends. I have to speak to Master Vincent about all this.

I heard Tiffany snicker as she stood up, turning to leave. I wasn't done with her.

"Tiffany, sit back down," I demanded authoritatively. She immediately did as I said.

"Tiffany, are you or are you not sleeping with Master Vincent as well," I asked. I was afraid she was also having an affair with him. The only thing that would make her different from Folashadé is that she hadn't end up pregnant. Either way, if she is having an affair with him too, I truly feel sorry for Miss Melanie.

She frowned as her nose twitched. "No. No I'm not," she whispered. I could hence the anger in her tone.

"Then why were you concerning yourself with their affairs," I asked challengingly, eager to know the answer. If she wasn't sleeping with Master Vincent herself, then why was she so worked up?

"Because, I love Vincent! I should be the one to carry his baby," she yelled as she rose from her seat.

What has gotten into this girl? She doesn't even know the meaning of Love.

"Tiffany, you're going throu-" She interrupted me.

"No, Gina, I'm not going through a phase. I do love him," she said in a much calmer voice. She pressed her middle finger against the edge of her eye. In response, I gently slid the box of tissue on my desk closer to her.

"Vincent and I... we had our own secret affair," she said, sniffling as she reached for a tissue.

Her words nearly caused my eyes to pop out of their aging sockets. Was I hearing correctly? Tiffany and Master Vincent? I about had a heart attack when I found out about Folashadé and Vincent. But, two maids!? What was he trying to prove!? He's getting married in half a year. He should know about commitment by now!

"When," I asked quietly. I just couldn't believe my ears.

"It was actually six years ago..."

Flashback

Tiffany

I was a thin sixteen year-old girl, young and naïve, just like everyone else my age. I was the youngest maid in The Windsor Castle. But, I wasn't proud of it one bit.

The day I first met Vincent was a week after I started working there. The other maids there told me he did a lot of partying out with his friends because he'd just graduate from his all-boys academy. I envied and admired him. I couldn't even finish secondary school.

After six months of working here, he made a move on me. I had always had an infatuation with him, I just never decided to push it.

It was around 1:00 a.m. that I couldn't get any sleep. Food kept jumbling through my mind. I was never capable of sleeping with an empty stomach. I got up out of bed and decided to make myself a sandwich. After eating my sandwich, I realized I wasn't really tired so I decided to go for a walk around the castle. This was an exquisite castle, so who wouldn't want to see such magnificence.

While I was walking through the front courtyard, I heard one of the gates close nearby as well as the sounds of tires driving away. Quickly I hid behind a large fountain. I watched silently as Prince Vincent ran his hand through his dark hair and chuckled.